Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration with Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustration with Equifax?

I sent a letter asking for EE from EQ about 10 days ago.

I asked for EE on a number of accounts to fall off on 7/15

1-Compass C/O for a vehicle

2-Capital One C/O card

3-Midland Funding (Factoring Account for above Capital One)

I got a ding from MyFico this morning that I have an update from EQ

Midland Funding has been updated to show a past due amount that is twice what the original C/O was and is a "factoring company" udated to show late 120 days?

Capital One shows that it's been updated and now doesn't show that it was sent to Midland in the first place.

Compass is also updated and hadn't been in 3 years?

Now my score is 35 point lower after asking for an EE?  Midland really ticks me off the most though.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Frustration with Equifax?

I also mailed them a request for EE for an account with a DoFD of 7/15. They instead opened a dispute. This was the first week of April and there is no result yet. On my Equifax CR there's a note that the consumer disputes this account. They emailed me a link to follow to allow them to email me the results of the "dispute", but I tried it a few times and it failed every time. MyFICO sent me an alert this weekend that an account has changed, and it had basically the same status and my score hasn't changed. 

I have a few others coming off this year. I think I'll just try calling for the others.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The whole thing bothers me.  I also asked them to clean up a whole bunch of incorrect or slightly off addresses that they had listed on the CR and they didn't even do that correctly.

I know that worst case scenario, these will come off over the next few months, but it makes me feel like they're just trying to ding my score as much as they can until everything goes away.

I just didn't want to have to wait.

Message 3 of 16
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Doesn't surprise me.

I tried calling Equifax about a year or so ago and after being transferred 8 times I still didn't get the help I needed...

My EE date is 1/1/16.  Gonna party hard the entire weekend before calling them on Monday 1/4.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another weird thing.  I checked online to see what the status was of my CR just now, and it says that it hasn't been completed?  Both my CK and MyFico have already updated! I still have so much to learn

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ungh

Message 6 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would suggest a CFPB complaint on Midland, they are a Junk Debt Buyer not a Factoring Company, the factoring reporting is an attempt by them to skirt the collections laws. They must report as a CA with no monthly payment history or historical lates in comments.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information.  I take it that I can find information on what you are talking about pretty easy?  Should I be reporting them because of the "factoring company listing" or is the monthly reporting the issue?

I know that they fall off soon, however I want it to report correctly in the meantime.

Thanks again!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't appear that there is an applicable reason on the CFPB website for how they are reporting to CRAs.

Message 9 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't appear that there is an applicable reason on the CFPB website for how they are reporting to CRAs.

Goto their site, select debt collection when the screen comes up enter the type of debt it originally was, the issue is false statements or representation the rest go for it in your own words

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.