cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full delete of tradeline to remove negatives, or leave it alone?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full delete of tradeline to remove negatives, or leave it alone?

Reached out for a GW delete. They were awesome and responded super quickly, but they cannot delete the specific negatives, only the tradeline.

Should I do this or just leave it alone? I didn't want to lose the positives. It's not my oldest card and the account is closed anyways by credit grantor. Would like some opinions so I can call back. Current EQ is 672. Regarding the negatives, it is by far my worst account. The only one with 60 and 90+ days late marks. 

Details:

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry
May, 2012
Account Opened: Nov, 2006
Last Activity: May, 2012
$2,500
Revolving
Individual

Descriptions 
  • Account closed by credit grantor
  • Credit Card

Balance [?] Current Status [?]

Balance: $5Pays account as agreed
Seven year payment history 
30 days late:  4 times (Jun 2011, Jun 2009)
60 days late:  1 time
90+ days late:  2 times (May 2009)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Full delete of tradeline to remove negatives, or leave it alone?

This account is 6 years old ~ what is your AAoA right now ?   I suspect that it will ding your AAoA to have this account removed, but I'm thinking that it might be good to have a report that is clean.   What are the other negatives on your report ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure current AAoA. One cc is almost 11 years old, my other three are going on two years each. 

Other negatives: ~$70ish collection that's 6.5 years old and is scheduled to drop in August 2012. On the 11 year account, have a few 30 days late, with the latest one being a little over two years ago. Have an installment account (auto, paid off) that has a few 30 days late a few years ago. The card I'm referencing in the post has my newest negative by more than a year and the only 60 and 90+ negatives. 

Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Hard to know how much it will drop your AAoA, but I still think it makes sense to delete since it has a 60 and several 90 day lates, and also since your other accounts show only 30 day lates.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
westo12
Established Contributor

^ Agreed.  I would definitely want to see this one gone.  Pay history affects score more than the AAofA anyway, doesn't it?

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice everyone! Went ahead and deleted the trade line because of the 60 and 90 day negatives and because my only negative in more than two years on any account was through them.
Message 6 of 8
westo12
Established Contributor

Keep us posted on the outcome of the score, ok? Smiley Happy

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone! Went ahead and deleted the trade line because of the 60 and 90 day negatives and because my only negative in more than two years on any account was through them.

can you post the EXACT steps you took to have the TLs deleted?  I'm talking down to placement of commas lol.

I have 3 fully paid and clear TLs that have older negatives reporting on them that have a micro impact on AAoA and I want them gone.  One CRA doesn't list while the other two do, that while close to each other create a ~30** pt difference with the 'clean' report (FAKO score, while not absolute, is good for showing differences/trends)

** majority of inquiries are on the EQ report dropping it the rest of the way

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.