Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuming mad.. need to vent about Frontier

tag
kstmommy
New Contributor

Fuming mad.. need to vent about Frontier

I had Frontier phone and internet service from 2007-2011. Sometime near the end of 2010, I started having trouble with my lines, due to the Verizon/Frontier takeover and replacing buried lines. After several phone calls, service calls, account credits, and apologies, I finally decided to pull the plug in April 2011. I cancelled and switched everything to Comcast. I kept getting mail from Frontier and ignored them thinking they were just trying to get me back. I finally called and said absolutely not, that I had cancelled service and switched to Comcast, etc etc. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I see TWO negative TL's on all three bureaus. Sure enough, Frontier. $800+ and $299. They kept billing me for who knows how long. I had NO idea, as I'd disconnected everything and hooked up phone lines and internet to Comcast's service.

I immediately disputed to each CRA, online and explained, and even called for good measure. They're still pending. I checked my EQ report today and low and behold, they've changed the payment history on BOTH accounts, and are claiming that I made a payment in November of 2011 for $50, which is absolutely NOT true. Frontier has also added another charge off for July 2013 to both. So each TL, with different account numbers and amounts, now has two charge offs, EACH. They both are also showing "OK" as the payment status for like 5 or 6 months this year. I have not paid them a dime, and will not. I can't believe they're actually manipulating the reporting. The only way I even caught all this was because I ordered a paper report from last month and I started comparing it. I am SO beyond infuriated. I can't wait to call all of the CRA on Monday and let them know what's happening.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Fuming mad.. need to vent about Frontier

I would send a direct dispute letter.

Message 2 of 6
kstmommy
New Contributor

Thank you. I will take your advice!

Message 3 of 6
kstmommy
New Contributor

Oops, I forgot to ask. Should this be sent CMRR, CM, regular mail, fax, or is email okay?

Message 4 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Direct dispute should be sent CMRRR.  Plus I think you have another problem here.  There seems to be a billing issue also.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 6
kstmommy
New Contributor

Thank you. Yes, there's absolutely a billing issue. As in, there shouldn't BE one at all. My biggest problem here, is that it's been over 2 years and I have NO documentation at all to back me up. I have no idea who I spoke with when I cancelled, I don't remember exactly when it was, none of the old bills, and I didn't ask for any confirmation. The only thing I have to go by, is my installation date with Comcast. Without service, I can't work, so there wouldn't have been a big lapse, if at all. My installation date was 4/26/11 or 4/28/11.

They're being sneaky how they're changing the reporting, I think, in retaliation to my dispute. I'm not sure even the Direct Dispute will even get me anywhere.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.