Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun with Equifax disputes.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fun with Equifax disputes.

I had some school loans from ages ago, that defaulted and went into a rehab program. Came out of rehab, and everything has been honky dory since then. I noticed when I started pulling my credit reports, that some of the old loans before consolidation and after rehab were still reporting balances on my reports. Off to dispute I went.

TU deleted the three that were still there, reporting balances and charge offs. Left the oldest one (thank you very much AAoA) and took out all the bad/late payments. Huzzah!

I moved onto EQ to do the same. They updated my report and left it exactly the same. 

Strangely enough, EX is only reporting the good TL. No bad/collection/payment info at all.

EQ is my last hold out on the bad school loans. According to the website, the bad stuff comes off March of 2016. Did TU just do me a solid early exclusion? Do I need to get on the phone with EQ and get them to follow suit with TU's actions?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fun with Equifax disputes.

If EQ is not reporting accurately after they investigated your dispute, you may want to consider filing a CFPB complaint against EQ.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm waiting on a dispute with EQ. Painful.

Also, Cthulhu, your name is fantastic.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had some school loans from ages ago, that defaulted and went into a rehab program. Came out of rehab, and everything has been honky dory since then. I noticed when I started pulling my credit reports, that some of the old loans before consolidation and after rehab were still reporting balances on my reports. Off to dispute I went.

TU deleted the three that were still there, reporting balances and charge offs. Left the oldest one (thank you very much AAoA) and took out all the bad/late payments. Huzzah!

I moved onto EQ to do the same. They updated my report and left it exactly the same. 

Strangely enough, EX is only reporting the good TL. No bad/collection/payment info at all.

EQ is my last hold out on the bad school loans. According to the website, the bad stuff comes off March of 2016. Did TU just do me a solid early exclusion? Do I need to get on the phone with EQ and get them to follow suit with TU's actions?

Equifax is just ridiculous and lazy.  I don't think they take disputes seriously..

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax is just ridiculous and lazy.  I don't take they take disputes seriously..

I agree. I have an account that I'm positive is being reported wrong. I disputed it with EQ and it comes back verified each and every time, still with that wrong info. I don't get it.I even have documents from the company that state the correct DOFD. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax is just ridiculous and lazy.  I don't take they take disputes seriously..

I agree. I have an account that I'm positive is being reported wrong. I disputed it with EQ and it comes back verified each and every time, still with that wrong info. I don't get it.I even have documents from the company that state the correct DOFD. 

Yep.. I get that too.. If I file a dispute, an asnwer within 24 hours which is useless.  Why encourage disputes if you the company does not want to be bothered.  I really hope someone wakes them up soon.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm waiting on a dispute with EQ. Painful.

Also, Cthulhu, your name is fantastic.

Thank you! I was running low on ideas, apparently spaghetti is evil in my imagination. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep.. I get that too.. If I file a dispute, an asnwer within 24 hours which is useless.  Why encourage disputes if you the company does not want to be bothered.  I really hope someone wakes them up soon.

Well, if it takes a complaint to CFPB to do it, then I'll gladly hold that torch. It's freakin ridiculous. They taked on a 7 year old credit card debt on an account I was an AU on only. This damn school loan, which closed my oldest line of credit from 2000. I think until they get in trouble, there's no reason to actually do a good job. They are beholden to the credit companies, not us. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How does one wake them up?! I don't mind trying! haha. All the accounts that I've managed to get deleted from EX & TU, and EQ never receives those requests for delete. Mind boggling.

Message 9 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, if it takes a complaint to CFPB to do it, then I'll gladly hold that torch. It's freakin ridiculous. They taked on a 7 year old credit card debt on an account I was an AU on only. This damn school loan, which closed my oldest line of credit from 2000. I think until they get in trouble, there's no reason to actually do a good job. They are beholden to the credit companies, not us. 

dispute off that AU account as not responsible for payment of the account, AUs never are. If they play games on that one file a CFPB conplaint.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.