Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furniture loan with medium risk credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Furniture loan with medium risk credit

Thank you for your feedback and really understand where I'm coming from. Problem is, I've purchased over 4 different new pillows in hopes of fixing my pain as well as also purchasing a nice gel infused memory foam topper for $150 too. While it's somewhat cozy and seemed like it would be the prefect solution, it's still no good because of the mattress it's on top of. Even through the 4", we still manage to roll towards the center where it dips down at. Trust me, your past is far from offensive and I welcome all opinions as I'm at my wits end racking up dr/er visits and getting on/off so many different medications. While you're right about not being sure about what's causing it, idk what else is left to try and I'm really at my wits end with being in constant take my breath away pain.
Message 11 of 18
Jutz
Valued Contributor

What about layaway? I'm a big fan of layaway in the right situation.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 12 of 18
Sneekn4u
Contributor

Afincher..I don't know where your located but when my score was rock bottom and way before I started working on mine I went to Conns and walked out with a 52" tv within a hr. Yes I had to put down $300 ($1800 ..included tv, stand and financing) I pay $52 a month and they report to all 3. Yea it may cost me a little extra with financing but out of the deal I got my tv, a good report every month, I'm building history and completed my good mix of credit. Something to think about.

Starting Score 11/2012 EQ: 615
Current Score 3/19/2014 EQ: 687
Current Score 3/19/2014 TU: 694

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge Discover IT $4500 Citi Simplicity Chase Freedom $3000 Cap 1 QS $1500 Cap 1 $300 Macy's $1500 Buckel $550 VS $500 Brylane Home $1000
Message 13 of 18
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Suggestions:

Ashley furniture homestores have a "smart rent to own" program. You can get a nice mattress there, and you make a monthly payment. The interest is a little high, but you get it that day, and it reports to credit. It would help you build up credit and get a mattress. They do a credit check, but it is guaranteed approval. You only have to pay one months payment up front. 

If you don't like that option, look at QVC. They have amazing deals on mattresses, and you can do easy pay. Again, you pay monthly and as long as you have a bank debit card (for your checking account, Visa or Mastercard) you can do easy pay. There is no credit check involved. 

Lastly, if you do the "6 months same as cash" at Aarons, there is no interest. You pay the cash price, over 6 months. At the end, you can ask them to report it. I have bought a lot of things that way. As long as you pay the payments in the time allowed, its no more expensive than paying cash the day you buy it. 

Also, if none of the above apply, check local classifieds, craigslist, etc. You would be shocked how many people buy a mattress and hate it, and sell it for a fraction of the cost they paid just to get it out of their house. If your health is your primary concern, do what you have to to get a good bed. Financing a mattress doesn't make it more comfortable. Either way, I hope it will help your pain. Good luck to you!

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: Furniture loan with medium risk creit

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

You can go to Aaron's. It is a rent to own place, with no credit pull. But once you pay it off, they report it to the bureaus.

When did Aaron's start reporting? I have an account that has 1 more month to pay it off

another positive tradeline would be nice.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 15 of 18
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

They've always reported(I used to work there and had to redirect the calls for people who didn't know who skipped out)

They only report once you've paid off or once you skipped out and didn't return the product. (Google It)

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 16 of 18
TrishN
Established Contributor

Aaron's reporting your account when you paid off. In 1 month after you paid off!

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 17 of 18
Conswalla
Contributor

I'm on my 2nd loan with Progressive Finance. When I moved into my new condo, I had no furniture. Long story. I bought a bed, mattress, box spring, sofa and love seat. I would not recommend using them unless you can do the 90 days same as cash option. I've used that option every time. Rent-a-center and Aarons are just rip-off's in my opinion.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.