Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Care Credit Bogus Payments

tag
CountryHope219
Established Member

GE Care Credit Bogus Payments

GE Care Credit took me to court and lost.  They are still on my credit report.  Funny thing is, they report that I am making a payment every month.  I am not.  Is that normal?  Is that allowed?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE Care Credit Bogus Payments

By law a creditor that reports must report accurate information. I would do a direct dispute with the company. If you dont get satisfaction a complaint to the CFPB would be in order.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GE Care Credit Bogus Payments

What was the finding of the court in the prior litigation?

Was the entire debt found not be be legit, or was the litigation related to an issue that did not relate to the legitimacy of the debt?

If the litigation found there to be no debt, then the account should either have been deleted or the debt zeroed out.

As for reporting that payments have been made, if that is inaccurate, I would file a dispute with the CRA.

If the creditor verifies in any manner inconsistent with the prior finding of the court, that would subject them to your own private civil action asserting that their verification was based on an unreasonable investigation of your dispute.

You must first dispute before you can file civil action based on inaccurate reporting to a CRA.  See FCRA 623(c).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.