GE Money Bank judgment

I had a judgment from GE back in 2008.  I have really been trying to clean up our credit, so I called today to make arrangements to pay it.  They told me that the account was recalled back in 2011 by GE so they could not accept payment, nor can they get rid of the judgment.  What is the best way to get this judgment removed, or can I?

Regular Contributor

Re: GE Money Bank judgment

You're saying that the CA isn't accepting payments from you?

Starting Score: 605 (Experian); 588 (Equifax); 590 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 626 (Experian); 667 (Equifax); 670 (TransUnion)
Goal Score: 800

Nope, and I had already agreed to pay over the phone immediately, then she noticed a note on the account and said she could not take the payment, because GE had recalled the account in 2011.  Its with a law firm, and she also said that unless GE tells them to, that they can't get rid of the judgment either.  I don't know what to do!

Regular Contributor

Have you contacted GE?

Starting Score: 605 (Experian); 588 (Equifax); 590 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 626 (Experian); 667 (Equifax); 670 (TransUnion)
Goal Score: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}