Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE/Wal-Mart Card late payment

tag
parkman
Regular Contributor

GE/Wal-Mart Card late payment

So my WM card is due on the 1st of every month, and the way I have my system set up, I usually seem to forget about paying it until the last minute. Well this time, it finally caught up to me, and I ended up having a late payment that was due on the 1st. I'm thinking that by the time the payment clears, it'll be about a week late. I already got hit with a late fee. Does anyone know whether GE reports this to the CRBs as a 30-day late payment? The late fee I can deal with, but I don't want to take a hit on my credit report.
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: GE/Wal-Mart Card late payment

It should not report.  The threshold is 30-days for reporting.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 5
parkman
Regular Contributor

Oh thank God. In that case, I just hope this doesn't sour me to GE. I want to continue getting auto-cli on this card like I have been this past year. Hope they're pretty forgiving, especially since I'm going to BT the balance from this card to my NFL once the payments for both post and any pending charges go through.
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 3 of 5
starry1
Valued Contributor

Since you're having trouble remembering their due date, maybe you should consider setting them up on auto payments.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 4 of 5
parkman
Regular Contributor

Well TBH, once I do the BT, I don't plan on using the card, save for keeping it alive by purchasing something and paying it off right away, so after it's all said and done, it shouldn't be a problem Smiley Wink

Thanks for the suggestion, though, and thanks for replying!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.