Established Member
Vtso4

GECRB GW Success

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share my GW success story with GE Capital Retail Bank. I started sending good will and PFD letters to each of the companies I had negatives with (8 total since 2/2011).  After 3 rounds of letters I've had 3 (Verizon,Best Buy, Banana Republic) companies taken off of my credit report including a letter I got today from Banana Republic saying

"This letter is written confirmation that a request was sent to the major credit reporting agencies to delete the trade line reference regarding the above Banana Republic account from your credit report."

I just sent a sincere letter to all my negative accounts to the addresses listed on my credit report via snail mail. Will send out another round of letters in a week to get rid of the rest. Couldn't have done it without finding the myfico forums. Thanks everyone.

Valued Member
vol4life

Re: GECRB GW Success

Congrats. I am still trying to get a baddie removed with Best Buy....

Established Member
smplymuzic

Congrats on your success.  Will you please send me the GECRB info you used.  I have 2 baddies on an ikea account I really need deleted.

In the garden until January 2015

Established Member
Vtso4

Here is the letter I wrote.

Dear Sir or Miss, 

Unfortunately, in 2007 I took advantage of our relationship and failed to submit my monthly payment on time.  It was an exceptionally chaotic time in my life as I was moving, unemployed and struggling with personal obstacles. I really regret not paying off my credit cards during that time. I am now in the process of rebuilding my credit history and future profile. I assure you I'm working really hard to improve my credit profile by now making on time monthly payments. I hope you understand that I made a mistake when I failed to make my payments.

In light of things, I am sincerely asking for a little goodwill and a chance at a positive credit rating by deleting the charge off as reported on my three major credit bureau files (Experian, TransUnion, & Equifax).

I appreciate your time and hope for a gesture of goodwill and to will continue to right what has been wronged with Banana Republic and GEMB. 

GECRB/Banana Republic

P.O. Box 965004, Orlando, FL 32896-5004

Established Member
Queeniam

thanks for posting...I will be sending a round of letters out this week.

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: 601
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Established Member
chibi

Could you please send me a email you used to send GW

Thank you

Established Member
winterinns

Congrats!

We're trying to GW a 30 day late on BB and a paid in full collection from Verizon.  Would you mind sharing the addresses that you used for the two companies?  Thank you very much!

Marines_1003

Hi, congratulations on your success!

I was wondering if there was a way to find out what can I possibly have on the end of GECRB that I always get rejected for a Banana Republic card?  I've tried to apply 2x's already within a year and still get a negative.  All my info is current and stable (EQ 650/TU 641/EXP 653) Should I write to them (GECRB) or Banana Republic and ask what's going on or request verification of all my data with them?  I have been denied due to bad collection accounts and I have none listed with any of the 3 bureaus, I only have 1 credit card reporting and it's never been late or past due or negative.  

I appreciate all feedback on this matter.

Thank you.

Contributor
CasperJack14

Thank you for the sample letter. I have a baddie on my report from GECRB for a GAP card from college. Only shows on Experian - the other reports it has dropped off, even though it's not been 7 years. I'm going to try the GW letter you suggested and see if I have any luck :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 539 EQ 06/19/2012
Current Score: 615 EQ 08/13/2012, 563 EX 07/27/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Marines_1003

Thanks very much for your sample letter.  Looking forward to send one asap! Take care.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}