cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB/Ameri Account paid off, How Do Remove from Credit Report???

tag
sonson
Regular Contributor

GEMB/Ameri Account paid off, How Do Remove from Credit Report???

Hello everyone,

I pulled my CR and this and a couple of accounts reporting with zero balance. This GEMB/Ameri with American Eagle, a clothing brand store. How do i go about having it dropped from my CR as it is giving it a negative reporting.

This is what it states on my CR.

Company              Account #          Date Opened                Balanced                 Status                    Paid Late?

GEMB/Ameri         not reported            4/2005                        $0                 pays account as agreed      flag  

I also click on the details link on the far right and this is what it has on the description

• Closed or paid account / zero balance
  • Account closed by credit grantor

Any help will be greatly appreciated! =] thanks 

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GEMB/Ameri Account paid off, How Do Remove from Credit Report???

I see no derog reporting on the acount....

Message 2 of 10
sonson
Regular Contributor

what does that mean?

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It means that you have posted no derog reporting in your CR.
Message 4 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@sonson wrote:

Hello everyone,

I pulled my CR and this and a couple of accounts reporting with zero balance. This GEMB/Ameri with American Eagle, a clothing brand store. How do i go about having it dropped from my CR as it is giving it a negative reporting.

This is what it states on my CR.

Company              Account #          Date Opened                Balanced                 Status                    Paid Late?

GEMB/Ameri         not reported            4/2005                        $0                 pays account as agreed      flag  

I also click on the details link on the far right and this is what it has on the description

• Closed or paid account / zero balance
  • Account closed by credit grantor

Any help will be greatly appreciated! =] thanks 

If it's an account in good standing why would you want it removed? It's helping your AAoA. (Average Age of Accounts).

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, when you go back into your FICO report, click on the details and look for two things: "Worst Delinquency" and the lates history. Post back if you find anything.
Message 6 of 10
sonson
Regular Contributor

Seven year payment history [?]

30 days late 2 times  (Mar 2006)

60 days late 2 times   (Apr 2006, Sep 2005)

90+ days late 0 times

Worst Delinquency [?]

60 days past due

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The lates are what is causing this account to show up in a negative manner.  The account was not CO'd or sent to collections.

There should be a statement stating something along the lines of "This account will become positive on......"

Each late will fall off 7 years from the date of occurence starting from the first one.  So the Sep 05 late will come off Sep 2012, the Mar 06 will come off Mar 2013 and the Apr 06 late will come off April 2013.  April/May 2013 this will become a positive account.

You can send them a GW letter and see if they will remove the lates now.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 02-20-2010 03:22 PM
Message 8 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Hi sonson,

The best you can do here is to write to the creditor what is called a goodwill letter (GW). Research in this forum about writing GW letters.

You will basically ask them to remove the late payments from this account as a favor to you. If you contact them, be nice. Take responsibility for the lates, and understand that if they do this for you, it is a favor. They are not required to remove the lates. Or, you can ask them to remove the reporting of the entire account, but it would be better for you if they simply removed the late payments.

It often takes writing these leaters repeatedly until it lands on someone's desk who cares to do it for you. It sometimes works to keep working your way up the pecking order in the company to a higher-level decision maker. In other words, don't just accept their first "no" as final.

Good luck on this.

Message 9 of 10
sonson
Regular Contributor

thanks everyone.

guiness56 & LynetteM 

i will definitely send out a GW letter and do some research on how to type one up. Also, do i email this GW Letter or send it by mail? and also where should i send it to, to their headquarters? Should i ask to first remove it from my report, or will that be harder to do than just removing the lates from my report.  i forgot to mention, this account is closed.

I also have a couple of accounts that are pretty bad: The BofA  transferred or sold it to another Collections Company, i have paid and settled this account, I am currently working on the CHASE CC as they did the same thing, and i am paying it off every month. got these 2 CC when i was 18, didin't know what i was getting into. 

BofA CC

date opened: Feb 2004

*account closed at consumers request 

*account transferred or sold 

Seven year payment history 
 30 days late 2 times (Sep 2006)
60 days late 2 times (Oct 2006)
90+ days late 22 times (Nov 2007, Oct 2007, Sep 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2007, Jun 2007, May 2007, Apr 2007, Mar 2007, Feb 2007, Jan 2007, Dec 2006, Nov 2006, Jun 2006, May 2006, Apr 2006, Mar 2006, Feb 2006, Jan 2006, Dec 2005)

CHASE CC:

date opened FEB, 2005

Seven year payment history 

30 days late 3 times

60 days late 2 times (Nov 2006)

90+ days late 22 times (Sep 2008, Aug 2008, Jul 2008, Jun 2008, May 2008, Apr 2008, Mar 2008, Feb 2008, Jan 2008, Dec 2007, Nov 2007, Oct 2007, Sep 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2007, Jun 2007, May 2007, Apr 2007, Mar 2007, Feb 2007, Jan 2007, Dec 2006)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.