Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB/JCP and LVNV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB/JCP and LVNV

I'd like to send a goodwill message to both companies.

Does anyone know the best method (with results) to contact each company?

I wonder if anyone had a similar problem:

LVNV had Northland Group collecting my debt.  During my repayment plan they sold my account to Allied Interstate... so my last payment was not accepted. (how unfair Smiley Mad)  I requested validation of the debt in the mail over the phone when Allied first contacted me to let me know I now owe them money.  They never sent anything so I waited months (and made more phone calls) and never received anything.  I finally caved and paid last month and have yet to receive anything from them in the mail.  WTH is with these guys?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GEMB/JCP and LVNV

Bottom line is that they successfully played you out.

Your DV letter to them compelled no date of response.

You paid, so end-game on what they can now do.

How agressively to pursue a GW at this point depends, in my opinion, on two things.

When will their credit reporting of their collection fall on its own, due to old age, from your CR, and do you need earlier deltetion in order to secure new credit?

Any collection reported by either CA1 or CA 2 will drop, without any action on your part, from your credit report after 7- years plus 180-days from your date of first delinquency (DOFD) on your account with the original creditor.  That is set in stone under FCRA 605(c). 

So how long ago was the DOFD on the OC account?

Agressive GW depends on how much you need earlier CR deltion.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB/JCP and LVNV

I am trying to get pre-approval for a mortgage and FHA has increased their minimum credit score from 620 to 640.  So the amount of work I had to do originally has increased quite a bit.

For the JCP account, I had a 30 day late in December 2006, paid for the next two months, and what they report as DOFD is February 2007.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.