Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB Question

Hi Everyone,

I recieved a score alert that my credit dropped from 702 to 649 (BOO) and the reason is that my GEMB money account upated from paid account as agreed to bad debt-placed for collection. SO I called up GEMB and spoke with a supervisor who told me that all of the delfaults are being wiped off the account and I should reciee a letter in the mail stating this. Please also note that this account was paid in full by 3/1/10.

Does this even make sense? She said will update by the end of May. I did write a goodwill letter to them. I tried by email and regular mail and the regular mail got sent back and the emails were bounced back too. I wonder if one of them worked. I thought they all got returned to me.

Do you think this will update? I think it looks bad. I could really use some advice. I want to apply for a mortgage in June and am worried.

Thanks!

Account opened: 8/2007
Description: Paid charge off
Account closed by credit grantor
Charge
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$0$0
Past due:$0$0
Status:Pays account as agreedBad Debt; Placed for collection;
Last activity:3/1/20103/1/2010
Description:Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance
Paid charge off
Charge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GEMB Question

Up to the top. Smiley Happy

I am hoping someone has some advice on this.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP. Has anyone else had something similiar to them?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping for help BUMP.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I would wait til the end of the may to see if it updates. If you cant that wait, i suggest you call them constantly until you get someone who can assist you... 

When did you last check to see if it was updated? Because you may not receive an alert letting you know your score changed, just a thought. 

I've had no success in finding email addresses for them..GE has so many subdivisions which makes it more difficult. 

Good Luck! 

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response Schoolbuskid. I did get a letter from them saying that they were going to remove all derogatory information. What is listed above is from scorewatch. I am thinking they updated incorrectly.

I am actually shocked that I got a letter back. Everything I sent to them, I thought was returned to me. I will give them till the end of the week. I think they updated incorrectly.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

So i called the customer service and asked them to correct it. Looks like they did. I got a score update saying that my credit has improved to 721. YAY!

Message 7 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Nice Job...keep it up! 

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.