Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEMB/SAMS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEMB/SAMS

Ill keep this as short as possible. I had a Sams club card a few years ago which was charged off and then SOLD to LVNV in 2007. I paid LVNV last year in full and they deleted their entry on my credit report.

Sams was showing up on my Equifax report twice. Once as GEMB/SAMS and once as GEMB/SAM with one month different DOLAS and still showing 120 past due in the status block. Account description has always said that the account was sold. I filed a dispute on line a couple of weeks ago and the other day I get a score alert that says my score dropped 19 points, so of course I had to buy another report. 

What I found was that one of the Sams entries is now gone but they verified the other and added a fresh 120 past due for this past march. 30 minutes on the phone with Equifax produced nothing but a new investigation.

Where do I go from here? Im sure they cant report a new 120 day after the account was sold but what is my reference for this? FCRA is rough reading. Can any one help me with this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: GEMB/SAMS

If the OC sold the account, it should show a zero balance.  Do not dispute it again.  I would contact the OC and  see what they say.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have contacted GEMB in the past and had little cooperation from them. My issue is whether or not a fresh 120 day is legal here if they sold the account over 2 years ago? Its my understanding that when an account is sold that that is the final report by the OC and it would then goto KD or something simlar, but not adding recent 120s.
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it was 120 days late when it was paid it will always be 120 days late.  If it was brought current before you PIF then it would report current.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i paid LVNV also with the intent for pay for delete, they did not honor.  Who did you speak with.  Can you PM me the info.  I also sent CMRR.  Green card back no response.

I have tried Gw sams with no luck, my next step is they need to pull it back off my CR and if so I will renew membership.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im confused here. As stated I disputed the problems with the double entries and so forth. the last 120 day reported on it was in 2006 before they charged it off. in 2007 they sold the account. after my dispute it now shows a 120 in march 2009 thus dropping my score 19 points. can someone tell me what my legal rights are? I understand that its going to show 120 in the status, but the new reporting of an account they dont own is what got me. How can they legally make a new entry?
Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As I stated, if this is the OC account and you were 120 days late at the time of CO, it is correct for them to report it as 120 days late now.  You never caught the account up.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.