Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Financial Deleted 4 months early!!!

tag
ExNavyMom
Established Member

GM Financial Deleted 4 months early!!!

I was super excited to go to my mailbox today and open a no-descript envelope from TransUnion that says my GM Financial account has been DELETED. This was a repo that happened to me after being laid off from my job in 2008. 

On February 21st I sent letters to all 3 bureaus which stated that I would like for them to delete this particular creditor because it had gone beyond 7 years from DOFD. Today March 14th (letter mailed from them on 3/10) I received notice that it had been deleted. I am SO happy! I hear TransUnion is probably the most liberal with Equifax being the most conservative. Im just happy that it was deleted earlier than the 7/15 date I had been given. 1 down 2 to go and then I can actually get a decent rate on a new vehicle. It feels good to know that my credit is moving and improving.

Picture hosted by Pixentral

EQ: 683 EX: 654 TU: 654 $10500 limits Util: 15% Gardening until 07/15

Starting Score: EQ 562
Current Score: EQ 683 EX 654 TU 654
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GM Financial Deleted 4 months early!!!

In all likelihood, the CRA did not delete the account, the creditor did.

The stated basis for the dispute related to credit report exclusion.  The CRA does not delete information based on credit report exclusion, they simply discontinue inclusion of the information in subsequent credit reportes they issue.  The furnisher of the information is not involved in that process other than, in the case of a debt collector, reporteing the DOFD.

The CRA stated that the collection was deleted, not that they found the DOFD to be inaccurate, and thus were excluding the collection.

Thus, it appears that the debt collector voluntarily reported deletion to the CRA rather than bother with verification.

I dont think it was an issue of CRA determination, but rather conclusion of the dispute due to voluntary deletion of the disputed information.

Message 2 of 4
ExNavyMom
Established Member

Either way it was deleted and it would not have been deleted had I not contacted the credit bureau. Honestly I don't agree. If that were the case they wouldn't ask for a reasoning as to why the information is inaccurate. This particular creditor in my experience would not voluntarily delete early. I have been dealing with them for 7 years now. I will know if it was the bureau or creditor if it isn't deleted from all of my reports.

EQ: 683 EX: 654 TU: 654 $10500 limits Util: 15% Gardening until 07/15

Starting Score: EQ 562
Current Score: EQ 683 EX 654 TU 654
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did the CRA send a formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, stating that the DOFD was found to be inaccurate, and thus was corrected to a daate that now resulted in credit report exclusion?

CRAs dont delete based on DOFD, they exclude the collection.

A statement that the collectin was deleted clearly implies that CR exclusion was not their action.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.