Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Financial Reporting 90+ days late!

tag
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

GM Financial Reporting 90+ days late!

Hello all,

So I had a lease with GM financial in 2014 I fell on hard time and was behind 1 payment but I would always make my payment on the 23rd which was my due date so I would not get a 30 days late, so my lease went back in September and before I returned the vehicle I made the last payment on the 21st and returned it, now for the month of septmeber its showing 90 days late so I called GM financal to see what the problem was and they said on 2014 when I was a payment behind 1 payment and I would make make the payment on the correct due date but if there was 31 days in that month then that counts as a 30 day late but none of these show up on my report which is why im confused, the only late payment is in september 2016 which I was not late.

Have you guys ever heard of the 31 days in the month so you get a 30 day on your credit report?

Please help!!

3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GM Financial Reporting 90+ days late!

A reportable 30-late must be at least 30 days past the billing due date.

Not all lates are reportable to a CRA.

That is clearly set forth in the joint credit reporting manual used by each of the big-3 CRAs.

I would file a dispute with the CRA, with the basis being that the asserted late was not at least 30 days after the billing due due.

Message 2 of 4
timmis1127
Regular Contributor

I am afraid to file a dispute becuase as of right now all of my payments are good except september 2016 but when i call them they tell me I have 3 late payments because the month had 31 days, so I am scared if i do that then they will report all the other late payments 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@timmis1127 wrote:

I am afraid to file a dispute becuase as of right now all of my payments are good except september 2016 but when i call them they tell me I have 3 late payments because the month had 31 days, so I am scared if i do that then they will report all the other late payments 

I would speak to them again and when they point out the 31 day month thing, simply say, "ok, I understand, that makes sense but how does 31 days late equal a 90 days late on my report - shouldn't it just be a 30 day late?"

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.