Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Financial reporting inaccuracies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GM Financial reporting inaccuracies

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm desparatly trying to get negative accounts/charge off's on my account removed slowly, one by one.

I have a car loan on my report from GM Financial, I ended up defaulting on that and the car was repo'ed. I was wondering if anyone could PM me a contact for them. What I came across on my reports is the following information

Experian:
Date Opened - 12/1/2010
Orig Balance - $20181

Past Due - $2586

Balance Updated - 9/6/2011

Payment History - 1/2011 OK / 2/2011 30 / 3/2011 OK / 4/2011 30 / 5/2011 60 / 6/2011 90 / 7/2011 through 9/2011 Failed to Pay

Equifax:

Date Opened - 12/1/2010

Original Balance - $2586

Past Due - $2586

Payment History - 12/2011 through 11/2015 Failed to Pay

I was wondering if these inaccuracies were enough to warrent a removal of it completly from my CR. Any thoughts/advice on how to proceed? Also please PM any contact info anyone may have for them.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: GM Financial reporting inaccuracies

Inaccuracies aren't reason for deletion, just correction. What exactly are the inaccuracies? I can't tell from what you posted.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The inaccuracies are the original balances and payment history. Also no reporting at all to TU.

Message 3 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

What is the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) or Estimated removal date?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled my reports from experian.com, and looking on there I do not see anything that has a DoFD or Estimated removal date. Going by what is reporting on payment history my guess would be sometime mid to end of 2011.

Message 5 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

When was the repo?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard to recall exactly, but my guess would be late 2011, early 2012

Message 7 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A dispute must identify the information that is asserted to be inaccurate.

Resolution of the dispute then relates only to that information, with resolution requiring either verification of the accuracy as currently reported, or correction of the information so as to overcome the inaccuracy.  If the info cannot be verified, the CRA can correct as argued by the consumer.

Deltion would only come about if the info cannot be verified or corrected, and then would relate only to the disputed info.

Unless the dispute relates to the issue of the legitimacy of the debt per se, then any deletion of the entire account due to lack of verification or lack of correction would not apply.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Regional Acceptance to get some more information about this. They informed me that it was passed onto Mercantile Adjustment Bureau. I have yet to receive anything from them regarding the debt, not sure if anything can be done about this?

Message 9 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If a new debt collector reports their collection to a CRA, then CRA policy instructs the old debt collector to delete their reported collection.

You can only have one collection being simultaneously reporting on the same debt.

You will only, in effect, change the named debt collector for the reported collection, but you wont end up with two collections.......

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.