Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Financial

tag
PerfectCreditlol
Established Member

GM Financial

Has anyone had any luck with GW letters to GMFinancial?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
PerfectCreditlol
Established Member

Re: GM Financial

+1

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent them a GW letter a few months ago regarding a 30-day late payment on my CR but they will not budge.

I sent the letter via FedEX overnight delivery to the CEO and I recieved a nice letter from one of their ombudsman that said they cannot change accurate reporting on any account. I havent reached out to them since because I dont think they will change it. They are very difficult to deal with but its certainly worth trying.

Please let me know if you have any success with them.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your message prompted me to make another GW attempt to GM Financial regarding my 30 day late payment from Aug. 2014. I wrote a letter to the CEO of GM and sent it overnight via FedEx. Last week I received a response basically saying that while the sympathize with my situation they cannot change their reporting to the credit agencies.

I was hoping that they would reconsider and make the adjustment but they said NO. They receive thousands of these types of request and simply cannot honor it. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was under the impression that 30 day lates were not taken into consideration after 1 year? 

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I was under the impression that 30 day lates were not taken into consideration after 1 year? 

Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate a single 30 day late doesnt affect Fico for more than 2 years but multiples can depending on he overall profile. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.