Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMAC Mortgage/ Ocwen Loan Servicing help

tag
gypsymama
Established Member

GMAC Mortgage/ Ocwen Loan Servicing help

I have a foreclosure originally from GMAC mortgage listed on my credit reports that I'm trying to deal with. 

Listing info:  GMAC Mortgage   $0 bal

EX: opened 11/1/07 status: closed

payment status: credit grantor reclaimed collateral to settle defaulted mortgage

EQ: opened 11/1/07 status: closed

payment status: at least 120 days past due

comment: fannie mae acct closure

TU: opened 11/9/07 status: closed

payment status: 120 days past due

comments: foreclosure redeemed

I recently received a payment from a consulting agency because of action "related to deficient mortgage servicing and foreclosure processes." 

I would like to attempt a goodwill to see if this can be removed now especially given the recent update from the consulting agency. Problem: GMAC Mortgage is gone! Their accts are now handled by Ocwen Loan Servicing. I'm having trouble finding an email for anyone in particular at this company to attempt a good will email. The email link on the website is just to fill out a common form to have a representative contact you. Should I fill this out and wait? Does anyone have an email or contact for someone at Ocwen? I was hoping to email but can do snail mail or call if needed. What do you think??? 

Cap One Secured $200; Fingerhut $250; Venus $250; VS $500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GMAC Mortgage/ Ocwen Loan Servicing help

I personally like professionally written letters sent by US Mail. I do not have a contact for you on this.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im also trying to get my Account situated and when I contact the listed 1800 number they tell me my ssn can not be found, can u PM me that contact also?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDIT: I may have misinterpreted the date of the foreclosure from the info you've provided. When was the foreclosure?  If it was back in Nov-2007, everything below is spot on. However, if the date is somewhat later, which I suspect is the case, then you have limited options. Goodwill letter is worth a shot with nothing to lose at this point.

Goodwill letter may be more hassle than it's worth at this point. It's been over 7 years, so, presumably, it should fall off automatically relatively soon.

Assuming you pulled free reports through the annualcreditreport site, the estimated date should be shown ... for example, for Experian: "Status Details: This account is scheduled to continue on record until Apr 2015." Frustratingly, some of the paid credit report services won't show this information.

An avenue to consider, if "Status Details" isn't shown or is dated far into the future, is contacting the credit bureaus and ask for early exclusion.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.