Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMAC lates on negotiated lease extension

tag
ndkblondie
Contributor

GMAC lates on negotiated lease extension

Hi all,

I have 5 lates from 2008 GMAC showing up on my cr that are incorrect.  I had medical issues with my baby and before we got into trouble with lates I called GMAC and negotiated a new lease that changed my payments from May to July and extended my lease by two months to make up for the missing payments so all payments were made.  All three cr's are reporting lates starting in June.  Should the new agreement have turned into a new trade line or are they correct in showing the lates for the two months we renegotiated?  To be clear, we negotiated a two month skip in payments.  TU is reporting five missed, they are crazy.  GMAC won't fix, they said to dispute it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: GMAC lates on negotiated lease extension

By telling you to dispute it, they may be telling you that they will not respond to the investigation and the result may be that your report will be updated by the credit reporting agency.

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@ndkblondie wrote:

Hi all,

I have 5 lates from 2008 GMAC showing up on my cr that are incorrect.  I had medical issues with my baby and before we got into trouble with lates I called GMAC and negotiated a new lease that changed my payments from May to July and extended my lease by two months to make up for the missing payments so all payments were made.  All three cr's are reporting lates starting in June.  Should the new agreement have turned into a new trade line or are they correct in showing the lates for the two months we renegotiated?  To be clear, we negotiated a two month skip in payments.  TU is reporting five missed, they are crazy.  GMAC won't fix, they said to dispute it.

I would send them a direct dispute outlining your concerns. 

I wouldn't dispute with the CRAs.

Message 3 of 5
ndkblondie
Contributor

That's a good idea. How about a GW letter to someone important? Which would be better? These are really old, from 2008 and I'm afraid if they are updated and the lates don't come off it will damage my score. Should I just leave them alone?
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, you could try that first, a GW to the CEO maybe, explaining what is going on.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.