Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMAC not reporting

tag
baby_girl039
New Contributor

GMAC not reporting

What should I do? Purchased a vehicle through GMAC in 8/2004 paid it off in 9/2008, it was reporting on all three CR. I pulled my reports for this year and it no longer reports on Equifax. I need it to report, I didnt know they just stop reporting like that.

The only reason men fail, something broke their focus
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: GMAC not reporting

Are you saying the loan was deleted from your EQ CR?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 10
baby_girl039
New Contributor

yes, it's no longer their

Message 3 of 10
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Are you the only one on the loan?  Is there a joint person on this loan?

And no one disputed any lates? Is it reporting OK on your other 2 CR's?

Sorry this has happened to you. Maybe contact the GMC , and ask why it was deleted.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 10
baby_girl039
New Contributor

Yes, my sister is on the loan as well. But it is reporting to the other CRA's. Nothing was disputed, a good payment history, I dont understand.

Message 5 of 10
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Since this is a closed account, I don't think GMC could put it back on your CR.You could try to ask, but not sure that they would.

Unless GMC asked the CRA to delete the wrong person account, maybe someone with a similar name or account number.

Also, I would ask your sister if she accidentally disputed this on her CR.

Sorry but I dont understand either, why EX would delete, without someone asking them to, look at the account for some reason.

I would check with EX to make sure it was deleted. I dont always trust third parties CR's.Smiley Wink

Maybe someone else here, can tell you what happened........I have ran out of ideas.

Message 6 of 10
baby_girl039
New Contributor

thanks, I'll check with exquifax.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump...

Same scenario except mine was an individual account deleted from all 3 ? I did not initiate , never late.... 4 years gone............ Keep calling Ally who has no record of the account other than the vin going around in circles.

Message 8 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

If the account is paid the creditor/lender can report up to 10 years and sometimes longer if we are lucky. There is no requirement for them to report at all or keep reporting once the account is paid in full.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reporting and account deletion are two entirely different things.

A creditor is permitted to report monthly, theoretically forever, on any account, open or closed, paid or unpaid, as long as what they report is accurate.

In your case, the account was paid and closed, in good standing, in 9/2008.  The OC then updated your status codes to reflect accoint closed, $0 balance.

If they wanted to, they could report monthy thereafter, the same satus.  Few will do this because it takes them time and money to report, and it is really irrevant since it is just as affirmation of the same thing, over and over.

Account deletion is an entirely different matter.  At any time, all a creditor has to do is to report an account deletion code to the CRA, and it is deleted from your CR.

When and if an account can be deleted is not controlled  by the FCRA, and in my opinion, is not a disputable issue.  Why did they do this?  Perhaps that, since the account is closed and paid, they know that no issues remain, so they just wanted to clear out the old, meaningless (to them) records in their files.

I dont think your issue is really one of GMAC not reporting, I think it is an issue of them reporting an account deletion.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.