cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GNB/Bealls--confused as to why it says purchased by another lender..

tag
brenda1924
Valued Member

GNB/Bealls--confused as to why it says purchased by another lender..

Quick question... Why would GNB/Bealls have reported the following: GNB/BEALLS Account No.: ** Condition: Transferred Balance: $0 Type: Charge account Pay Status: Current Past Due: $0 High Balance: $41 Terms: --- Limit: $400 Payment: $0 $0 Opened: 11/10/2001 Reported: 09/12/2003 Responsibility: Individual Remarks: Purchased by another lender Late Payments (last 7 years): 30 Days Late: 0 60 Days Late: 0 90 Days Late: 0 Why would it say that it was purchased by another lender, if this item was paid in full and has zero lates??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GNB/Bealls--confused as to why it says purchased by another lender..

Balance on any account is not the same as balance on unpaid debt.

The OC sold the debt to another, so you may have no balance left with the OC. So  they report no account balance owed.

Unpaid debt lives forever, until paid.  Someone out there still has a claim for the unpaid debt.

I do not see a post of "paid in full," I only see a new lendor with ownership of the debt.

The new owner does not become an OC, so all of the drop off dates for credit reporting remain with the dates of delinqency on the OC account.

7 years from the date of each delinq with the OC, and 7 1/2 years from the DOFD on the OC account for any CO or CA that anyone reports.

But a new owner of the debt can still claim collection.

Message 2 of 6
brenda1924
Valued Member

My credit report does not show anyone else trying to collect on it.  Would I need to contact Bealls to figure out from when the debt occurred and who owns it now?  I don't see anywhere where a drop off date is shown...

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@brenda1924 wrote:

My credit report does not show anyone else trying to collect on it.  Would I need to contact Bealls to figure out from when the debt occurred and who owns it now?  I don't see anywhere where a drop off date is shown...

The free reports you can get once a year from annualcreditreport.com will have much more information than you get from third party sites. Experian and Transunion will say words like "This account will continue to report until xxxxxx ....... and Equifax will have the actual DOFD so you can determine when a negative entry should be gone.

From a BK years ago to:
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

just because you don't see a CA reporting yet, doesn't mean they will not very soon.

Message 5 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

Do you owe money?

I had a store card that was reporting under 3 different banks, and two of the listings said "purchased by another lender".  It wasn't that I owed someone else a balance, it was that the store had changed banks servicing their store credit card.  I also have a listing like this for my Target card - they upgraded my store card to a Visa & both the original and current cards show up on my report, with my original card listing "sold to another lender" or whatever.  I don't think they're hurting me.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.