Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOODBYE BADDIES!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOODBYE BADDIES!

I started a few months ago with several collections from being young and stupid financially--all medical. I had 5 on EQ and EX and 7 on TU. Unfortunately, when I began, I had no idea about PFDs. I was lucky enough to have a few of the collection agencies initiate deletions themselves (ARS) or just state they were no longer interested in the debt and delete. However, I did pay a few and 3 small collections (with the same company--Professional Finance Company) have been sitting on my EQ and EX for a couple months now.

Had some cahones today and called them today asking if they'd be willing to do a goodwill deletion. I began to sell the CSR on the reasons why they should consider deletion and she interrupted me asking for my information so she could look into my account. Without further questioning, she said she'd be more than happy to take care of them and mark them for deletion.

She said they report to the bureaus on Mondays and the CRAs should have them deleted shortly after. The call took less than 5 minutes.

I'm SOOOO happy I could dance. I have finally cleared ALL of my reports of ALL the baddies. Hoping for a little score boost on EQ and EX when the deletion reports as these were my most recent collections (under 2 years old)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GOODBYE BADDIES!

Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Fantastic! Never hurts to ask!
Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@J91605 wrote:
Fantastic! Never hurts to ask!

Very true! I thought a phone call goodwill would never work, but I hate snail mail and couldn't find an email anywhere.

I'll feel like a million bucks when they're gone!!

Message 4 of 5
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Nice job!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.