cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOODWILL SUCCESS! 90 day late Great Lakes.

tag
dparhanr
Established Member

GOODWILL SUCCESS! 90 day late Great Lakes.

My Great Lakes Student Barrower Services is the servicer of my single $5,000 federal student loan. They are extremely lenient and do not report lates until they hit 90 days. I let my account hit 90 days past due and they reported it as such in July of 2015. I am currently rebuilding and made getting rid of this my first goal and here is how I did it:

They have a large social media presence and do a lot on Facebook. They post a lot and their reps actually talk to people in the comments and encourage people to message them. Knowing this, I used Facebook to initiate communication. I sent them a mini good will letter late Sunday night and a rep messaged me back the following morning.

"Hello, you are the servicer of a small student loan that helped me through school. I have kept an on-time payment history for the past few years with the exception of one late 90+ day late. I regret letting go this happen and have made it a priority to never let it happen again. I am being sure to make my payments and am trying to pay a little extra every month.

This is the only late payment on my credit report and I would do anything to gain forgiveness for it and move on with a more financially responsible chapter of my life.

If there is anything you can do to help me remove this late payment or put me in contact with someone who can help me I would greatly appreciate it."

A friendly social media rep responded and asked that I email her my account information. I sent her the info and a few more lines of apology along with mentioning that I would enrol in auto pay. A few hours later she emailed me back saying that she had sent my request to the appropriate people and that I should expect to hear from them in 3-5 days but possibly as long as 2 weeks.

Around lunchtime today (within 24 hours) I received the lgood news that they are going to remove the late payment when they report this month. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GOODWILL SUCCESS! 90 day late Great Lakes.

Congrats on the success! I have a few lates with them too and am trying to get it fixed! Do you know what the rep's name was you talked to? 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.