Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOTTA CALL FROM CAP ONE...

tag
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

GOTTA CALL FROM CAP ONE...

I sent another email to the CEO at Cap One and Stephanie, the same girl I talked to last time, called me again.  I have had their card like almost 2 years.  I made (1) 30 day late while we were in Texas visiting our son, who is in the Army and was injured in Iraq. 

The first time I sent the email she called and did raise my CL but she said the my payment was late and they had a responsibility to the integrity of the system to report accurately.

I sent another email this time explaining that I really needed to get that removed and that I knew they had the ability.  When she called I once again asked her to reconsider.  That I had proven before and after the late that it was a fluke and that it won't happen again.  She said she would investigate it further and do some more research and she would "reach out to me" in a few days.  She said she understands that there were mitigating circumstances and she would see what she could do..........maybe this time she'll come through for me!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Candice
Contributor

Re: GOTTA CALL FROM CAP ONE...

Good luck! Smiley Happy Keep us updated...it's always motivating and encouraging to see others' successes!

Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 3 of 7
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Good luck! I am having no luck with Capital One EO!

Message 4 of 7
LavendarL
Established Member

What did you say in your email to get your credit line increased?  And can you PM me the email address.  Thanks!

2/2011:
EFX Beacon 5.0 - 540, XPN FICO II - 619, TUC Classic 04 -

CURRENT SCORES (3/13): EFX Beacon 5.0 - 588, EXP FAIR ISAAC 627, TU FICO 658

GOAL: 700

Message 5 of 7
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

I had GW success with them by writing to the address on my credit report. Good luck to you.
Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 6 of 7
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Monkey...I'll give that a shot next....

As far as the CLI...I had tried calling somebody with a middle eastern accent for an increase but to no avail.  But when I emailed the CEO (richard.fairbank@capitalone.com) I got Stephanie in Richmond.  After I explained about trying to get my late removed she asked if there was anything else I could need and I told her about getting a CLI and she said she would see what she could do...4 days later she called with a no go on the removal but she could increase my CL from $300 - $500.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.