cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRANT & WEBER in Calabasas, CA HELP

tag
Flamenco007

GRANT & WEBER in Calabasas, CA HELP

Any experience with this CA? They started collection activity on a medical account ($107) 3-4 months AFTER BK-7 filing in which original creditor was included. I disputed with CRA but Grant & Weber surprisingly refused to delete and reports as an open collection account with $107 past due = FICO drop of 30 pts.

What do I do???

Starting Score: 515 (11/2012)
Current Score: 575 (04/2013)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Nurturing My Garden

BK-7 discharged 11/2012 | last App 3/19/13 | App free until 1/1/2014 |
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: GRANT & WEBER in Calabasas, CA HELP

I have dealt with them. They are one of the easier ones in my opinion.  If you pay in full they have no problem deleting.  I dont know much about bankruptcy, but I would think filing on the original creditor would cover them as well.  Im sure someone will come along with much more knowledge about this than me, but I think you should file a direct dispute with grant & weber, maybe even including proof of bankruptcy showing where you filed on the OC.  Filing with the CRA's often proves useless due to their verification process being a joke.

Message 2 of 4
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Maybe even calling them and explaining the situation could garner faster results. 

Message 3 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

They did the same thing to me. First I called my lawyer, then I called them and told them I called my lawyer to report them, after a short mute the gentleman said, "it's been taken care of now, we apologize for our mistake" gone! Their excuse had something to do with this ONE bill not automatically grouping with the other med bills I had that they had marked iibk. Good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.