Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUYS PLEASE HELP... NEED SOME ADVICE - VERIZON ACCOUNT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GUYS PLEASE HELP... NEED SOME ADVICE - VERIZON ACCOUNT

I hope you do .. this is ridiculous. Do you think it would help to contact their corporate office? What kind of situation do you have with them? Was it a legitimate collection? Also what steps have you taken so far? If I pay it off in full do you think they'll remove it?

@jacksont1981 wrote:
I can attest to Verizon being extremely tough to remove from your credit report. I am in the middle of trying my best to do so and so far all I got was a no. I read persistence is key with them and thats what I have been doing so once you start the process with them, dont give up. Become a nice pain in their butts. I will keep you updated if I ever get anywhere with them. So far been at it for about 3 months with them now. Good luck!

Message 11 of 31
justrock
Frequent Contributor

Federal tax liens can be removed once paid.  State tax liens can sometimes be removed, depends on which state you are dealing with.  Otherwise they stick for 10 years even though paid.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, this is a State Tax Lien I guess? The state of Florida issued this tax lien. Not sure whether its federal or state? It wasn't anything to do with property.. I believe I didn't file my personal or business taxes on time.

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@justrock wrote:

Federal tax liens can be removed once paid.  State tax liens can sometimes be removed, depends on which state you are dealing with.  Otherwise they stick for 10 years even though paid.

All 3 were issued in the state of Florida, would I be able to have them removed? One is from 2006 so should have passed the 7 year mark and fell off?

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only Collections fall off after 7.5 years.. Judgements can stay on longer I believe it's 10-years. 

You hsould be more worried about your judgements getting them off then your Verizon account cause, those liens/judgements are definately holding you back more then a $220 Verizon Bill.

I have Verizon and have had 0 problems with them. My experience with Verizon has been Excellent.. They're easy to work with and if you pay your bill then you won't have any problems.  Any carrier is going to not like you if you don't pay your bill.

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Only Collections fall off after 7.5 years.. Judgements can stay on longer I believe it's 10-years. 

You hsould be more worried about your judgements getting them off then your Verizon account cause, those liens/judgements are definately holding you back more then a $220 Verizon Bill.

I have Verizon and have had 0 problems with them. My experience with Verizon has been Excellent.. They're easy to work with and if you pay your bill then you won't have any problems.  Any carrier is going to not like you if you don't pay your bill.

My parents have 8 lines with Verizon. I never said they were a bad company, but you can't expect everyone to have the same experience as you? Did you bother reading my entire post? I did pay my bill, yet I ended up in collections because of the way _THEY_ handled the situation.

Its like you going to buy a car and the dealer telling you its $300 to activate navigation/GPS, you agree and pay the $300 then they tell you it's actually an additional $500 fee. How would you feel?

Verizon, and these 3 accounts are the only negatives I have on my CR.. thank the lord its bearable and I'm not in too deep. These Tax liens are already taken care of also, and have been since the year they were filed which is why it says "Released". Now, I just have to figure out how I can get rid of them. I'm sure there's a way as I've seen people mention that IRS has some kinda fresh start program. I'm sure these liens are affecting my score by atleast 100 points.

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any response? Does anyone know whether this is a State or Federal lien? If it originated in Florida.. do I have any chance of removing it?

Message 18 of 31
justrock
Frequent Contributor

Does Florida have an income tax?  If not, what kind of tax bill would you have with the state that you did not pay?  If all you ever paid was Federal income tax then they are Federal liens.  But I see you stated that you did not file your business taxes.  That could be through the state.  Best thing is to go to the County Court where they are filed and look at the paperwork.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with verizon. You can settle with them for less than you owe- but getting them to remove bad information- not likely. I called and pleaded my case, wrote letters, everything. No go. I am not done trying- but I am not counting on it.

My advice would be to either pay it in full or see if they will settle for a lesser amount and just take the hit to the credit report. You can try to send GW letters asking them to delete- but that is't a sure thing.  You could also send them a PFD letter- but I don't think they will go for that either. 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.