Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Backfire

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Backfire

May have poked the bear. LOL. I requested a paid chargeoff to be deleted by Chase. Very cordial and apologetic for getting myself in this situation and asked politely if they would extend their goodwill and delete the account. Got a letter today that they investigated the account and saw that it was not being reported correctly, wrong date and status was not showing as paid, and that they would send updated information to all credit bureaus. Problem is they were only reporting to Equifax and Experian prior to this, now I am afraid this account will pop up on TU now. Should have left well enough alone I guess.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Backfire

@Anonymous wrote:

May have poked the bear. LOL. I requested a paid chargeoff to be deleted by Chase. Very cordial and apologetic for getting myself in this situation and asked politely if they would extend their goodwill and delete the account. Got a letter today that they investigated the account and saw that it was not being reported correctly, wrong date and status was not showing as paid, and that they would send updated information to all credit bureaus. Problem is they were only reporting to Equifax and Experian prior to this, now I am afraid this account will pop up on TU now. Should have left well enough alone I guess.

There are always the possibility of unintended consequences. It could show on TU and now that it will update its most likely going to drop your Fico score as it will look new in Ficos eyes. OCs rarely delete TLs thats more of a CA tool.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was reporting through May 2014, it was actually paid off in March 2014. So if it updates and backs the account up as being paid off in March instead of May it will still look new? This stuff is crazy.

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It was reporting through May 2014, it was actually paid off in March 2014. So if it updates and backs the account up as being paid off in March instead of May it will still look new? This stuff is crazy.

Since it was pretty much still new in the eyes of Fico your score drop may be zilch or just a few points, its more dramatic when you are going after older accounts and they suddenly updated to current. Yes it will still look new in the eyes of Fico. These are some tools that are used by creditors to get you to pay them, personally I think its crooked but I'm not the one controlling the game, I'm working within the systems rules to my advantage.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. Just wrote a goodwill letter for a collection from two years ago that I already paid. Same deal reporting to two out of the three, think I may just trash it instead of risking the same thing happening again.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info. Just wrote a goodwill letter for a collection from two years ago that I already paid. Same deal reporting to two out of the three, think I may just trash it instead of risking the same thing happening again.

CAs are more willing to accept GW than OC. OC is really tough to get unless they are old and near their max reporting time.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.