Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Capital One - Fingers Crossed

tag
jbhems503
New Contributor

GW Capital One - Fingers Crossed

I sent a GW letter to Capital One for a late payment in December 2012 (30 days) and another in January 2013 (made it sixty days.)

Response? Were reporting as we should. Blah, I knew that was going to be their response.

But, I've sent an email to the CEO as of Friday night. I'm keeping their fingers crossed that they will respond back to me with a phone call tomorrow sometime, or even Tuesday. 

A question to the wise. I know that late payments wear off in due time. I've read that 30 day lates can hurt for only up to two years, and 90 day lates can hurt for up to 7 years? What about 60 day lates? Is any of this even correct?

Once again, thank you to everyone in this forum who have given me such great advice! Even though I don't post that much, I greatly appreciate it!

myFICO Equifax: --> 645
myFICO Experian: --> 684
MyFICO TransUnion: --> 645
--- Back in the garden until Mid 700's. Next on the list is the CSR. ---
Care Credit - $12.9K (AU). Best Buy - $4K (AU - It reports, that's all that matters! (: ). AMEX Premier Rewards Gold. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - $2K. Citi COSTCO - 2K. Barclay Rewards - $1.5k. Chase Freedom - $1,000.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW Capital One - Fingers Crossed

Not to be a buzz kill, every situation is different, but my email to the CEO resulted in a no for removing old lates -- despite extenuating circumstances and a good recent history on several accounts.  I did get a call very quckly from executive offices (following day) and they were very kind, but I did not get the results that I was hoping for.  I hear they are a hard nut to crack, but some have succeeded, so I hope you will be one of them! Let us know.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 2 of 19
jbhems503
New Contributor

I'm hoping I can crack that nut shell! They haven't called me yet, so maybe I'll hear from them.

However, if I don't... Should I just wait for them to fall off? Or keep at my attempts of GW'ing Capital One? Gaahhhh, these decisions to make! ):

Lexie, any thoughts?

Care Credit - $12.9K (AU). Best Buy - $4K (AU - It reports, that's all that matters! (: ). AMEX Premier Rewards Gold. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - $2K. Citi COSTCO - 2K. Barclay Rewards - $1.5k. Chase Freedom - $1,000.
Message 3 of 19
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@jbhems503 wrote:

I'm hoping I can crack that nut shell! They haven't called me yet, so maybe I'll hear from them.

However, if I don't... Should I just wait for them to fall off? Or keep at my attempts of GW'ing Capital One? Gaahhhh, these decisions to make! ):

Lexie, any thoughts?

It doesn't hurt to try.  Just keep trying and see.  

AFAIK, you're correct on the 30 day lates, but I'm not sure about 60 or 90+

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 19
DAVE49ERS
Valued Member

well I just get the "call" from cap1 the said there nothing they can do to delete lates on my account. hey you don't no until you try

Ex: 12/14/13 634 EQ: 1/26/14 639 TU: 3/1/2014 682 walmart TU 650 all FICO scores
Message 5 of 19
jbhems503
New Contributor

Thanks Sunrise! I'm glad I finally new something that was right, haha.

I'm assuming the 60 days would probably be at least two years, but just not sure. Oh well, waiting for that phone call!

*** While typing this post, I received a call from the EO. Wow, speak of the devil! She said they were reporting correctly, and that there was nothing she could do. Blah... Bummer. I guess it's back to GW'ing Capital One with letters. :/ ***

Message 6 of 19
jbhems503
New Contributor

I just got the same call! Was it a lady? I think she had a bad day. Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 19
DAVE49ERS
Valued Member

yes it was a lady, she was nice to me sorry for you bad news. 

Ex: 12/14/13 634 EQ: 1/26/14 639 TU: 3/1/2014 682 walmart TU 650 all FICO scores
Message 8 of 19
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I am one of those who got one 30 day late deleted.  My CSR was a very nice young lady.  She turned me down 3 times but at the end of every conversation when she asked if there was anything else she could do for me I would ask for a CLI. The first time I didn't think to ask......but the last 2 times I did and although I didn't get an erasure of my bad mark I did get a CLI!!!  So ALWAYS ask for a CLI when talking to the CSR.....what's the worse they can say???

Oh, how did I get the late removed?  I sent 3 snail mail letters to no avail.  3 emails to the Cap One CEO fake email address (google Capital One CEO email address and you'll find it) which all resulted in "our information is correct and we made a business decision to not to deletions of accurate information."  (But remember I did get a CLI twice!!  Then someone on this forum said to try the CapOne online chat feature on their website.  I got a guy named Joseph (that's my name too).  I told him my dilemma and I would like them to remove the late from my credit report.  He said that was no problem.  So I asked him again "are you saying that you can have this removed from my credit report?"  He answered in the affirmative.  I thanked him for his awesome help and he thanked me for "reaching out to him" and CapOne......and then I copied and pasted our entire conversation.  I waited about 10 days studiously watching my reports at www.eliminateidtheft.com to no avail.  Then I got a letter saying that my request was denied.  I was ticked.  So I called the CSR number on the denial letter.  I told the CSR everything and told him I had a copy of the transcript of our conversation.  He put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then stood by their denial.  Now I'm really ticked.  So I sent an email to the CEO fake email address and attached a copy of the transcript.  I got a rturn call the next morning first thing!  It was the same nice young lady I had spoke to 3 times earlier.  She congratulated me on my persistance!  She said they would investigate and get back with me.  2 days later she called and said that although they do not normally do this they were going to grant my request because their representative, acting as their agent, told me he could so.  She then asked if there was anything else I would like and I got her for another CLI.  She got me up to $2k which is right far from the $300 I started at!!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 9 of 19
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

That's encouraging, signguy17. The lady was very nice to me (while declining my request) as well. When she asked if there was anything else she could help me with, I seriously thought about asking for reconsideration of my just-declined CLI. I guess I should have asked. She did give me her direct line in case I needed anything else, so I'll keep trying. And, next time I WILL ask for the CLI. :-)

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.