Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Capital One Success?

tag
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

GW Capital One Success?

I've seen many people around here talking about how they cannot GW Capital One...

Has anyone sent GW letters and actually gotten Capital One to do something about it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shokk
Established Contributor

Re: GW Capital One Success?

I'd be surprised if there was anything recent.  The EO rep told me the are absolutely not doing them.  I would send one anyway.  Once its assigned to a rep, any further correspondence will go to that rep, and they will actually call you.  It was also recommended to try again in a couple of months as things may change.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 2 of 4
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

I've sent 6 letters one each month since February, no luck at all, they responded 6 times saying they can't remove it per the Fair Debt Act or some BS

I've given up, i'll just wait until 2015 when it falls off

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 3 of 4
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I only got mine removed because after 3 emails to the fake CEO email were all denied.  A letter to the address listed in my CA was denied.  I took someone's tip on here to try the CapOne website chat and they guy said yes.  I then got a letter 2 weeks later that said no.  So I called the CS guy and he said no.......but I had a smoking gun.  I emailed the fake CEO email addressagain and attached a full copy of my conversation that I printed.  I'm sure the legal dept. said to make him go away.  In  fact the nice young lady said that this was NOT a GW gesture but in fact just the "right thing to do" since their representative did give me an answer in the affirmative....I didn't argue the point.

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.