cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Experience with Security Credit Systems?

tag
fixingitohio
Contributor

GW Experience with Security Credit Systems?

Anyone have any experience with Security Credit Systems and a GW?

I have a collection set to drop off in March 2014, but my OCD is working to clean out the Collection items on my CR.

Sent them a GW and wondered if anyone else had any experience on what to expect.

Thanks

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
delaquest

Re: GW Experience with Security Credit Systems?

Did you ever hear back from them?  If so, any luck?  I'm contemplating sending them a GW letter myself.

Message 2 of 6
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

While attempting to repair my credit, I noted that in a 2012 credit report, Sam’s Club stated I owed $126 dollars (this was allegedly for renewing a Sam’s Club card for $40; I did not renew the Sam’s Card).

I also noted on a 2014 credit report that I allegedly owed $126 to the collection agency Security Credit Services.  At the time I just did not see the connection in the amount I allegedly owed to Sam's Club and the amount claimed by Security Credit Services.  Sent a DV letter to Security; they sent me a letter advising that the collection was for Sam’s Club (they called my query a dispute which it was not).

Once I received that letter, I sent another letter enclosing a check for the full amount of $126 and asked them to correct or remove data from the credit reporting agencies.  What Security did as shown on the April 2014 credit report was to add a statement that I “legally paid in full for less than the full balance,” as well as a statement that a dispute was reported by me.  I never disputed only wanted to know who the original creditor was. 

I plan to write another letter asked that the phrase “legally paid in full for less than the full balance” be changed to the correct statement of “paid in full,” and ask that the the phrasing about a dispute being filed by me be removed.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 3 of 6
fixingitohio
Contributor

I never heard a peep from them, but it magically went away within a few weeks of the letter.

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
delaquest

Any chance you might be willing to share that GW letter?  Would be much appriciated.

Message 5 of 6
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

@fixingitohio wrote:

I never heard a peep from them, but it magically went away within a few weeks of the letter.

fixingitohio, I would love to have a copy of the letter you prepared also, if you are willing to share it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.