cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Help - VERY Stubborn Apt Collections

tag
CaptainHGF1

GW Help - VERY Stubborn Apt Collections

In late 2007, I moved out of my apartment because the complex was bought by a company who raised the rent almost $200!  I had lived there a few years, and expected a bill for new carpet and paint, but it slipped my mind and I didn't notice when I never got one.  Fast forward to early 2010...a collection account from Oregon Credit Systems, Inc for $400!  I called and agreed to pay in full in two installments, $300 that day and another $100 when I got paid again.  This was before I knew anything about PFD Smiley Sad

Well...now I'm stuck with a paid collection on my report.  The only email I can find was the general "service" email.  I sent a couple emails, no response.  After much searching, I found the CEOs name and figure out his email by trying different variations of his name.  20 bounced emails later, I gave up.  Oddly enough, TU shows a PO box address, while EQ and EX have the address on their website.  I sent a GW letter to both address, only to have them both returned, unopened. I checked PFB, but they don't have them in the system, and I would assume their letters will get returned as well if I use the address I have. 

I'm at a loss here.  I think I'm taking this one harder because it's not one I intentially blew off, even though it was still my fault for not following up.  Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: GW Help - VERY Stubborn Apt Collections

Have you tried to contact the old apartment complex ?  They may have a telephone # or point of contact that you could email or call..

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
CaptainHGF1

@pizzadude wrote:

Have you tried to contact the old apartment complex ?  They may have a telephone # or point of contact that you could email or call..

I did, but they said they only had the main customer service number Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@CaptainHGF1 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

I did, but they said they only had the main customer service number Smiley Sad

Well that is a start ~ I would just call until you get thru to a live body and start talking.  I'm sure they can give you names/addresses....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
JuJuBee84
Regular Contributor

Check your PM.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.