Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW LETTER FOR CHARGE-OFF?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW LETTER FOR CHARGE-OFF?

I had a collection for $10 for a bank account I opened and never ended up using and forgot about. I still had a balance of $10 and disputed through TU and they marked it as a charge-off. It's still on my TU report. If I write a GW letter, does anyone think my chances of getting it removed are good or no?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: GW LETTER FOR CHARGE-OFF?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not pay it. After dispute, the balance is on EQ is $0 and it says closed. On TU, it says balance is $10, but it's closed and nothing is past due? And on TU, its not going towards my derogatory accounts.

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can always try.  All they can say is no.  I'm just shocked they CO'd $10.

Message 4 of 6
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

You can always try.  All they can say is no.  I'm just shocked they CO'd $10.

+1

I would offer $10 for a deletion any day.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they have reported a $0 balance to one CRA, that is an indication that they have most likely sold the debt.  Hard to believe that any debt collector would be interested in pursuing $10!  If sold, you have no debt upon which to base a PFD offer.

A charge-off occurs after they have reached the business decision that you are not likely to pay, and thus the debt has become uncollectible.

That usually does not foster a favorable atmosphere of good-will.  However, give it a shot!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.