Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter- Auto finance.

tag
solstice00
Regular Contributor

GW Letter- Auto finance.

I have a quick question. I had written a GW to Nissan Finance about a 30 date late in 2011(The reason being I thought I had paid it already.They tried contacting me on my old address)

Then I called them at their customer service line and literally begged them to get it deleted. they said they will submit a request.

A week later I puleld my equifax report and I see that it is not there anymore.

About 2-3 weeks later I pulled my Transunion and Experian reports and I still see it's there. Its so disheartening.

Do you think I should call them or write to them again?

Smiley Sad

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: GW Letter- Auto finance.

Some times it can take up to 60 days for it to actually be deleted.  With that being said I have had issues, generally with Equifax, not deleting tradelines when requested. It took the OC submitting 3 times to Equifax for one account to be deleted, and am in the process of having another submitted for the 3rd time on a different account. Experian is usually really fast for me, while transunion lags it always seems to get done on the first round. Equifax is my arch nemesis, because each time they update it wrongly in some way.  This is just my experience, your mileage may very. 

If I were you I would check the dates last reported on Experian and Transunion to see if they have been recently updated.  If there hasnt been any recent reportings I would try to wait a bit longer, but if it has recently reported, since the GW request I would call back Nissan and explain to them whats going on and ask them to do it again. 

Message 2 of 3
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Re: GW Letter- Auto finance.

Thank you for your explanation. Smiley Happy

I ll do so.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.