Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter/Email to Bank of America

tag
OrangeTRX1

GW Letter/Email to Bank of America

Small update - 

I had a 120 late on a business line of credit that I was a signatory on - I was unaware it was ever late, as I had left the company a few months prior.

At any rate, sent a GW email to CEO , not sure the status, but my email tracking software shows that he has opned the email 4 times in the last 12 hours, and forwareded in along to others.

So it certainly has gotten some attention.

I lifted the last paragraph from these forums, so I am sharing my copy writing with you guys - I say you should write your own, and make it personal, but here is what I did:

"Hello Sir -

I am writing to you today regarding my business credit card account #XXXXX,  which I had while I was employed by XXXXXXX Inc. The purpose of my correspondence is to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment on the reporting of this account to the three credit agencies.

After April 2007, I was no longer employed by that company, and thus was not involved in the payment of this account. I was not aware that my former employer had used my credit in order to secure the line of credit with your bank. I realize that I have a legal cause of action against my former employer for this matter, however I have spoken with legal counsel and this would have a very high burden of proof.

Bank of America first contacted me in August of 2008 on this matter, and at that time I set up a payment plan with the bank and paid the account off in full. I take full responsibility for the ownership of this account, but I ask that you might review the circumstances in which this late payment has occurred. I did not file for bankruptcy, or even dispute the charges. I took ownership of the situation and paid the account off in full. The last late payment on my credit reports are from July 2008, now 5 years ago. My request is that you review the circumstances under which this non-payment occurred and consider removing the negative trade line associated with this account from my three credit reports.

I hope that Bank of America is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports. I would like to STRESS that the information currently being reported IS accurate. I am simply asking Bank of America for a courtesy gesture of goodwill in having the credit bureaus remove this account from my report. I do recognize that this request is unique and that it may not be normal policy. Please consider that the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not demand that all accounts be reported, only that any account that is reported be reported accurately. Therefore, a company does have legal discretion and permission to remove any account it chooses from the credit report. I'm hoping that Bank of America will do that in my case for this account"

Hopefully something happens with this

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: GW Letter/Email to Bank of America

OP, can you please edit your post and remove the CEO first and last name. Thank You.

Community Leader,

DaBears

Message 2 of 4
OrangeTRX1

Done.

Didn't realize that was against the rules. Such a new guy.

According to my email tracking, I know of 24 message opens on 13 client devices - in CA and NJ. Certainly being pass aroudn for some kind of consideration. If nothing comes of it at all, still pretty cool.

Message 3 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

No problem. You can read the TOS link to better understand why we don't allow personal information.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/m-p/4

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.