Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letter Question

I have a suntrust auto loan that was behind 90 days as of January 2016. I just brought it current. How long do people usually wait to send GW letters?

I am the co-owner on this vehicle, if I was able to get my name off this car would the entire account disappear from the CRA? I would like to get a FHA loan and this is the only account with a negative timeline on my reports.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Letter Question

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a suntrust auto loan that was behind 90 days as of January 2016. I just brought it current. How long do people usually wait to send GW letters?

I am the co-owner on this vehicle, if I was able to get my name off this car would the entire account disappear from the CRA? I would like to get a FHA loan and this is the only account with a negative timeline on my reports.

As soon as it updates to current thats when you begin your GW letter campaign. No, removing your name does nothing to make the loan disappear if you are on the loan as a cosigner its yours even though it may not have been you who defaulted on the loan. The only thing that would stop it in the future is having the other owner finance the car in their name only.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letter Question

Thank you, thats what I mean having the auto loan refinanced to remove my name, would that remove the past history from my credit report or would it stay because at one point I was the joint owner?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.