cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter for Repossession? good standing account with same lender...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letter for Repossession? good standing account with same lender...

Hello. newbie here but have been lurking.

So back in December of 08, i was at the end of my lease with Volkswagen Credit. i was debating on whether to buy the car or get into a new car. In my attempt to buy from VW directly the process was extremely drawn out, and then i finally ended up going to the dealership to try to turn it in and buy a new car. It was already past maturity. anyways, right before i was signing the paperwork for the new car.....my car was taken one night. During the 48 months of the lease, the payment was never late.  they considered it a repo only because it wasn't turned in on time. i talked to a bunch of different departments at VW at the time and they said there was nothing they could do.

a month or two after the fact, i was sent an invoice.there was a defiency that i paid, so it was a zero balance but showed up as a repo.

before that repo showed up on the credit report, i managed to lease the new car with VW credit within a few days of that occuring.   in 3 years of the new lease, i've only had 1 30 day late.

however, now this car is about due and i can't get approved for a lease or to even purchase the car with the repo there! 

do you think a GW letter might work in this situation? Considering i had an account with them right after and paid it on time. It's also worth noting that the VW dealership back in 08 LIED to me about being in contact with VW and letting them know i was about to get into a new car. I ended up going to a different dealership because of this.

thank you in advance

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: GW Letter for Repossession? good standing account with same lender...

I'm sorry that you had this happen to you ~ that's a tough situation to be in.

I would most certainly send a GW letter ~ explain the situation, be polite, and beg them to GW the repo so that you can purchase ANOTHER VW car. Maybe if you explain it to them this way they will realize they are going to lose a good customer unless they help you out.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a copy of the police report?  I'd send that with the GW letter as further proof that it was stolen.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have a copy of the police report?  I'd send that with the GW letter as further proof that it was stolen.

Not sure if I missed something from the OP, but I don't think there is a police report.  The car was not stolen, it was reposessed for being turned in a few days late while he was trying to buy it or another new VW.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure if I missed something from the OP, but I don't think there is a police report.  The car was not stolen, it was reposessed for being turned in a few days late while he was trying to buy it or another new VW.

I must have misinturpreted gone as stolen (missed it as being mentioned as a repo).

My appologies.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes pizzadude, you are correct.  

sorry if i didn't make that clear enough.

I spoke to them and they gave me an address. i wish i had a good contact for a higher up, but i'll keep at it.  

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have my best wishes in trying to accomplish this.  We have been writing GW letters trying to get a repo deleted off my husband's credit reports with absolutely NO success whatsoever.  We are not dealing with Volkswagon though -- they may actually have people there that read the letters and take the circumstances of the repo into consideration.  We are dealing with Toyota and, all they do is send out boilerplate form letters that all say that they cannot delete "accurate information."  They pay absolutely no attention to the extenuating circumstances, to them a repo is a repo and, they intend to report it till all of us are dead and gone.  Our situation parallels yours in that there is NO MONEY OWING, you'd think they could just move on -- but no -- they insist they must report their "accurate information." 

I WISH YOU THE BEST!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.