Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter for anyone who needs one :)

tag
cjack202003
New Contributor

GW Letter for anyone who needs one :)

A WHILE ago I sent a GW Letter and it got accepted Smiley Happy  A couple of people emailed me for it, but I couldn't find it.  Well, I have good news Smiley Happy I found it by accident while cleaning up my computer.  Feel free to copy it and cater it to your situation.  This is a good template, because obviously mine got accepted.  Keep in mind, this GW Letter is VERY OLD so pay no mind to the date lol  Other than that, enjoy and good luck!!! Smiley Happy........

MEMORANDUM FOR [put comany name in all caps here]

FROM: [your first and last name in all caps] ACCOUNT#XXXXXXXXXX

SUBJECT: Credit Bureau Late Payment Removal

1. I, [your first and last name], am requesting the removal of a 30 Day Late Payment posted on all three Credit Bureaus last September. This is the only missed payment on my Credit Report. I have never missed a payment and have a history of payments made on time with your company. I was in the process of deploying and thought I had my financial affairs in order, prior to leaving. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, due to the late payment. Since then, I have set up an automatic payment plan and paid extra every month to expedite the process to get my balance down. My card will be paid in full on 15 January 2013.

2. My credit is important to me and my relationship with your company is also important. The last thing I want is for [company name] to view me as high risk and not value me as a customer. I’ve been a happy customer for many years and will like to remain one for many more. I would appreciate if you could remove the late payment from my file. Please consider my request with a goodwill adjustment and have the 30 Day Late Payment removed from all three Credit Bureaus.

3. I am currently deployed and will be heading back to the states by the time you receive this letter. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me at [insert your email address]. You can also send a letter to my home address: [insert your address here]. Thank you.

Very Respectfuly,

[your first name, middle initial, last name]

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letter for anyone who needs one :)

Thanks for posting!!  While you're right any of us using it will have to adjust to our personal situations, it's always good to have an example of something that worked to start with rather than facing that blinking cursor and a blank screen.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Great
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 3 of 7
cjack202003
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for posting!!  While you're right any of us using it will have to adjust to our personal situations, it's always good to have an example of something that worked to start with rather than facing that blinking cursor and a blank screen.  Smiley Happy

No problem!  Thank you for the reply!  Wasn't expecting or looking for a reply.  Just wanted people to see one they can use while they're scrolling through.  Hope everyone uses the template and has a good experience like I did!

Message 4 of 7
cjack202003
New Contributor

@juniornj23 wrote:
Great

Best of luck!  Hope you have a good experience like I did!

Message 5 of 7
dt3813
Regular Contributor

Great template and thank you for your service.  Hope you are back safe and sound with your family soon.

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 6 of 7
debts
Valued Member

I think using the word  DEPLOYED as in military was the outstanding factor in late removal. No cc company would mess with deployed or about to be deployed card holders. 

My Scores
6/18/15

TU: 678
EQ: 640
EX: 639
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.