cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter to CEO of CA - Too Harsh/Direct?

tag
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

GW Letter to CEO of CA - Too Harsh/Direct?

Hello all,

After receiving a denied GW attempt yesterday, I am going to attempt to email the CEO of the CA.  I received a very generic, obviously C&P email resonse from their customer service dept.  Please let me know if I sound too direct or harsh in my letter (which I will snail mail) to the CEO. 

I understand that your time is valuable and I appreciate you taking a few moments to review my request.  

Yesterday I emailed your customer service team requesting your company consider making a goodwill adjustment to my account.  I, in no way, excused my mistake which led your company to acquire my debt in the first place.  I explained in my email the difficult time that I faced, and was simply looking for understanding and consideration by your company.

I was disappointed in the quick sharpness of the email that I received in return.  I felt that it lacked personal response and led me to question whether or not your representative looked up my account before copy and pasting a generic email template.   Your representatives made the time to call me multiple times per day when my debt was unpaid; I ask that your company please take the time to consider my request now that I have paid you in full. 

I am familiar with the FCRA, which your representative cited in their response.  I would never ask that your company report inaccurate information, but ask that would consider removing the trade line in its entirety, as a courtesy, and report nothing at all. 

I have included a copy of both my email to Americollect and the response that I received exactly 15 minutes later.  Again, I appreciate you taking the time to review my request and any help you are able to provide. 

Sincerely,

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Re: GW Letter to CEO of CA - Too Harsh/Direct?

@aurelie00 wrote:

Hello all,

I was disappointed in the quick sharpness of the email that I received in return.  I felt that it lacked personal response and led me to question whether or not your representative looked up my account before copy and pasting a generic email template.   Your representatives made the time to call me multiple times per day when my debt was unpaid; I ask that your company please take the time to consider my request now that I have paid you in full. 

The part where you said " your representatives made time to call mutilple times a day" may be a little direct.

The problem though may be how will you ever know that the CEO will even read your letter and not just one of the representatives again. I might start off a little more less direct and move more that direction after a few denials. Remember you are asking them for a favor and they have no obligation to change anything. So I would still try and be as nice as possible. It could take you 20 GW letters to them before they finally give in to your request. Good luck though.

Message 2 of 3
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Re: GW Letter to CEO of CA - Too Harsh/Direct?

Just an opinion.  It sounds like you are letting your frustration with the company show through and that almost takes away from even noticing a genuine GW request.  I am learning that GWs require both passionate pleas and a little dedication to send multiple letters, emails, or phone calls. 

My personal example is this.  I sent multiple letters, and then some, as well as emails to a company to remove two late payments reporting in 2011 that were accurate.  I never seen one response from the company.  As I was giving up, I decided to make a phone call.  The rep from collections dept. was very standoff'ish from the start and her tone immediately sounded like she couldn't wait to be rude.  She asked why they would even consider my request so I explained my history with the company.  She started laughing out loud and with a pleasant tone to her voice, she said she understood completely and no problem she would remove the lates.  I was stunned and thought I was being punk'd until a week later the lates were gone off my reports.

The point I was trying to make from my story was that I wanted so bad on so many letters and emails and even the phone call to lash out at them, but realized I had no real reason to.  I was the one contacting them, trying to convince them that I was worthy of the request.  My opinion is to keep that in mind.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.