cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter to Washington Mutual Mortgage returned!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letter to Washington Mutual Mortgage returned!!

I attempted to send a GW letter to my mortgage company, Washington Mutual.  It got returned today as undeliverable as addressed.  I sent it to:

Washington Mutual

Customer Service Department

11200 W.Parkland Ave.

PO Box 3139

Milwaukee, WI  53201-3139

Did I send it to the wrong address?  Keep in mind that I think Washington Mutual is now Chase.  Should I nix sending it to WaMu and send the GW letter to Chase instead and try and get the 30 day late removed?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letter to Washington Mutual Mortgage returned!!

It will work as fully owned subsidiary for a year or two - they might even keep the brand.

https://www.wamu.com/customer_service/contact_us/phone_address/default.asp

Washington Mutual Home Loans addresses and information is what you need. I would use Home Loans Customer Service and General inquiries to start with.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look to see what address for Wamu is listed on your credit report. Search their website for an address as well.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys....I have the new letter to WaMu all set and ready to go Monday morning.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letter to Washington Mutual Mortgage reply...NOW WHAT????? UPDATED

Rather than start a new thread I'll ask my additonal question here....

I received the GW letter back from Washinton Mutual from their customer servise supervisor.

Basically the letter says that they can not pull the 30 day late because due to the fair credit act that they have to report factual information, I was late, they have to report it (paraaphrased of course, LOL).

So do I drop it or what should I do as my next step.  Ticks me off a lot because in the 10 years we have had this mortgage we have never been late.  (Was late this once because my wife was dealing with a cancer issue in her family).

What next?

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Letter to Washington Mutual Mortgage reply...NOW WHAT????? UPDATED

Ignore their response and send another. It may take multiples of tries, but you'll get it! Also look for other addresses to use. Don't google, but look in the lit you have from them for additional addresses, faxes, e-mails, etc.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.