Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letter to utility company

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

GW Letter to utility company

Can someone point in the direction where I can find an example of a GW letter to a utility company.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Letter to utility company

I don't recall any specific GW letters directed at utilities on here, but I'd write it just like I write all of the other GW letters. Keep it short (1/2 page) and concise. Point out that you made a mistake due to this rough time or that and you owned up to it and paid it (mention in full, if applicable). Say that you are fixing everything from the past and that you are hoping for a goodwill gesture in removing this TL from the CR.
Message 2 of 5
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Thanks..I'll do that, I have found some other good examples on here, so I'll do some modifications and post it on here and get some feedback before I send it off. Is it better to fax or mail? I've read some threads where people have faxed their letter, and if mailing is the best route should I do it certified return receipt?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Gibran wrote:
Is it better to fax or mail? I've read some threads where people have faxed their letter, and if mailing is the best route should I do it certified return receipt?

Do both if necessary. I'd start via mail first, though. Give them 45 days on the first one before sending more.

Never send a GW CMRRR. Aside from the extra cost, it puts up a brick wall between your letter and the person reading it. Letters arriving CMRRR are usually mean letters.

Message 4 of 5
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Gotcha

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.