cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letters - Email vs Snail Mail - Which Works Best?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letters - Email vs Snail Mail - Which Works Best?

I am curious to know opinions on emailing GW letters vs. snail mail? Which has been most successful for you? The posts I could find so far were from years ago and some were against emailing. I have 4 low $ closed accounts I could PIF. Unfortunately, the expiration dates for these range from 2016-2021Smiley Sad

Another question I have is how do you find a contact name? I have past due accounts for radiology services and only found a general info address. Is this the address I should send my letter to?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letters - Email vs Snail Mail - Which Works Best?

bump

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I recommend mailed letters as you can make them more personal and they are perceived as such by the recipient. Email should only be used as a last resort.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I recommend mailed letters as you can make them more personal and they are perceived as such by the recipient. Email should only be used as a last resort.

True.  Though I had success with an email, mail is more personal. Quite astonished at the signed embellished letterheads I receive in my goodwill denials. Fancy. Irregardless, I got lucky with my 1 email, most do snail mail. 

Message 4 of 5
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Since most goodwill letters have to get sent multiple times, I recommend alternating.

The advantage to email is it gets into their system faster, might get acknowledged as soon as its received (so you know they have it) and I'm sure it gets tracked through completion.  A letter, which will get scanned and made electronic, will probably run the same path internally.

My guess is, there is very little difference in the outcome between the two.  As soon as you find someone who likes the fact you took the time to actually write and mail a letter, you'll find another person who gets irritated, because they are working off of a scan of a letter rather than an email.  It's going to be hit and miss.

If you are disputing something, you might want to mail it, but for goodwill, I'd recommend trying both till you get them done.  I don't mean to send an email and a letter, just send one, then if that didn't work, try the other.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.