Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letters sent to Sallie Mae and USA Funds

tag
aj1901
Regular Contributor

GW Letters sent to Sallie Mae and USA Funds

I successfully faxed in my first two goodwill letters to Sallie Mae and USA Funds today. Each account is reporting differently on my credit report. I hear Sallie Mae is quite the warzone when it comes to GW letters, but wish me luck! Ill be sure to let you know if I have any success. Thanks for all the help and advice on here guys.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Letters sent to Sallie Mae and USA Funds

Here's me wishing you good luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
aj1901
Regular Contributor

Re: GW Letters sent to Sallie Mae and USA Funds

Received a call from Sallie Mae today saying they were investigating my request to either have the late payments removed, or the entire TL deleted.

This is how the account is reporting and obviously the TL conflicts with itself on the other Between TU and EX as to when the first actual late payment was, two say it was transferred, one says closed, one still claims its late..ect. Hopefully I can just get them to remove it as courtesey since its been posting incorrectly for so long. The gentleman on the phone seemed nice, lets hope it can happen!

SALLIE MAEMore about this account >>  
unkownTransUnionExperianEquifax
  Account #:   
  Condition:ClosedTransferredTransferred
  Balance:$0$0$0
  Type:EducationalEducationalEducational
  Pay Status:CurrentLate 180 DaysCurrent
unkown
unkown
unkown
unkownTwo-Year payment historyLegend >>   
unkownTrans Unionunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkown90 days late120 days late120 days late120 days late120 days late120 days late120 days late120 days late
 novdec'06febmaraprmayjunjulaugsepoctnovdec'07febmaraprmayjunjulaugsepoct
unkownTrans Unionunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkownunkown90 days late120 days late150+ days late     unkown
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.