Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letters

Just curious, is everyone hand writting there GW letters or typing and signing?

Also, has anyone ever sent a thank you letter after delete to an OC for their assistance. Just curious about this because it would seem to help others if a TY letter was sent, instead of getting what you wanted then never contacting them again.  It may or may not make a difference, but I'm sure it would make the OC feel a little better about what they were doing when someone else sends a letter requesting same. 

Opinions???

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: GW Letters

My GW letters are typed and signed.

I think handwriting maybe better,but my handwriting looks horrible .....thats why mine are typed.  LOL

Sending a thank  you note after a delete, would be a nice thought.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is not the cursive countour of the mode of delivey that matters, it is the mental content of what is delivered.

If a creditor deletes, it is only beause they were wrong.

So, no, I would thank them.  They were coning after you,.  To thank then for no longer coming after you is gratrautitous BS.

??????

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not talking about a CA..I wouldn't "thank" them either... I am talking about an OC

Message 4 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

If a creditor deletes, it is only beause they were wrong.

Not true! There have been thousands upon thousands of forum members over the last three years who have reported they had legitimate lates and other derogs removed from their reports by way of GW letters. I have a hard time believing all of the bad stuff was removed because an OC or CA was wrong. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have some "debbie downers" in this forum.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 14
mauve
Valued Contributor

i like when the pirate guy said "It is not the cursive countour of the mode of delivey that matters, it is the mental content of what is delivered."

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I type mine and I don't sign mine, unless it is a GW for a paid debt to an OC. In the past, I've also included motivational quotes and even poetry. You've got to do whatever it takes. BTW, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of GW success stories in here.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've personally had a lot of GW success in the past 60 days (raised my EQ about 100 points!).  I always type and sign for OC and type and not-sign for CAs.  Just in case, you know? 

Good luck!

Message 9 of 14
bicknar
Regular Contributor

My recent experience...

Just received 3 responses out of 5 good will letters that I sent out.  I typed,  Signed, and mailed regular post.

Capital one - Sucess.  Had one late, it should be gone with the next reporting period

HSBC 1 - Looks like Sucess.  But the wording is generic.  So I'll have to check the credit reports in the next 30 to 60 days or so.  If so I had one late that would be removed.

HSBC 2 - Looks like partial sucess.  Same generic as above.  They state it's reporting a 30 and 60 late being reported.  Since I had 2 of each before that would be one of each dropped.  I'll have to check this as well.

Just some notes.  All of the above accounts had Zero Balances and were reporting paid as agreed.  I'm not sure how much people look at the accounts when deciding to help, but I'm thinking the better it looks lately, the more forgiving they will be.   

Waiting to see on the others, but so far so good I hope, and I used the templates that I found in these forums.

Thanks everyone.

A

P.S.  The lates I had were all legitimate.  May not be indicative of my current creditworthiness, however I consider myself lucky.  The way I look at it, if you are willing to go through the effort to clean up your credit.  Anything positive is fair compensation.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.