Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW/PFD Hybrid Letter

tag
jzralnc
Established Member

GW/PFD Hybrid Letter

I created the following letter to a creditor. Thoughts? Suggestions?

123 Your St.
Anywhere, USA 12345
January 1, 2008

Collection Agency
666 Evil Avenue
Underworld, Hell 66666

RE: Reference #: Your acct. # here

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is an attempt to reach a negotiation to settle an outstanding debt. In the spirit of compromise I am willing to pay the full amount due, if (CA) will agree to delete the trade line from all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) upon receipt and application of funds.

The original debt began in (DATE). Shortly afterward [following: relocation - new job - home purchase - graduation (student loans), etc], I incurred heavy financial burdens that put me behind with many creditors. The negative marks on my credit report related to this debt have hindered my ability to obtain credit in other areas. Purchases ranging from (switching to a new) cellular telephone service or renting a car, up to the future aspiration of property ownership, cannot happen until my credit score is significantly improved. I have avoided applying for anything where an inquiry would reduce my scores further. In short, I have not applied for credit in some time.

It has been a very rough few years, but my financial position has mildly improved since this account had gone delinquent, and I am prepared to settle this debt. In the spirit of good will, I am hoping an agreement can be reached where all parties involved can benefit as a result.

If (CA) will agree to these terms and accept this agreement, funds totaling the full amount due will be sent in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files. As an added “rider” to this compromise request, I request that the trade line be deleted from all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) within 15 days after funds have been applied to the debt.

If (CA) agrees to the proposal stated above, please respond, on company letterhead, and descriptively outline the action that will be taken by (CA), and signed in ink by an authorized representative of (CA).

Thank you,

Your Name
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: GW/PFD Hybrid Letter

jzralnc wrote:
I created the following letter to a creditor. Thoughts? Suggestions?

123 Your St.
Anywhere, USA 12345
January 1, 2008

Collection Agency
666 Evil Avenue
Underworld, Hell 66666
Smiley Very Happy the address cracks me up!

RE: Reference #: Your acct. # here

To Whom It May Concern: 
Dear Sir/Madam, 

This letter is an attempt to reach a negotiation to settle an outstanding debt. In the spirit of compromise I am willing to pay the full amount due, if (CA) will agree to delete the trade line from all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) upon receipt and application of funds.

If this acct above is fairly old & one of your only TL items, I'd ask for removal of all neg's for PIF & have it closed as PIF satisfactorily

The original debt began in (DATE). Shortly afterward [following: relocation - new job - home purchase - graduation (student loans), etc], I incurred heavy financial burdens that put me behind with many creditors. The negative marks on my credit report related to this debt have hindered my ability to obtain credit in other areas. Purchases ranging from (switching to a new) cellular telephone service or renting a car, up to the future aspiration of property ownership, cannot happen until my credit score is significantly improved. I have avoided applying for anything where an inquiry would reduce my scores further. In short, I have not applied for credit in some time.
It has been a very rough few years, but my financial position has mildly improved since this account had gone delinquent, and I am prepared to settle this debt. In the spirit of good will, I am hoping an agreement can be reached where all parties involved can benefit as a result.

If (CA) will agree to these terms and accept this agreement, funds totaling the full amount due will be sent in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files. As an added “rider” to this compromise request, I request that the trade line be deleted from all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) within 15 days after funds have been applied to the debt.

If (CA) agrees to the proposal stated above, please respond, on company letterhead, and descriptively outline the action that will be taken by (CA), and signed in ink by an authorized representative of (CA).

Thank you,

Your Name

Looks good, but like I mentioned above, if they will remove all references to CO & mark it paid satisf., keep the acct.  Age is in your favor!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.