Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Question - account now now in dispute w/ Barclay's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Question - account now now in dispute w/ Barclay's

I sent out my first round of GW letters and I already got one collecitons removed!! Yes!!! Making progress!

One GW letter was sent to Barclay's for an old Juniper Bank CC. The DOFD was 7/04 and was charged off and settled with a CA a few years back.

The letter I sent to Barclay's specifically stated that it was GW and not disputed. However the repsonse I got back states that the information on my CR is accurate and they will report to the credit agencies that it's disputed.

So...

Does this in anyway chage how long it stays on my CR?

What should I do next?

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: GW Question - account now now in dispute w/ Barclay's

Message 2 of 3
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Re: GW Question - account now now in dispute w/ Barclay's

I just tried last week sending a GW email to the CEO of Barclay's bank.  They weren't sympathetic to my views.  I got a phone call from someone who explained the information was being reported as correct and they would not remove the tradeline.  So I sent back an email for  a PFD.  I had settled with them but they keep reporting it as a chargeoff each month.  I haven't heard anything back from them.  So I will wait a couple more days then send the letter in the mail.  Good luck. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.