Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Question

tag
QueenJ
Regular Contributor

GW Question

If you receive myfico score watch updates, how do you know when a late has been taken off? do you have to pull the credit report?  I sent a GW letter to JCpenney a few weeks ago.  About a week later, i received an update saying that i was disputing, now today i get an update but not sure what they have done.  Its basically back to what it was saying before the GW just not sure they took off the late.  Anyone with similar experience?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: GW Question

Yes, you will have to get a new credit report.  If you are rebuilding and need to check changes on reports frequently, then you should invest in a credit monitoring service that lets you pull all three reports up to every day (EliminateIDtheft) is the one I used, but check out the CMS GUIDE here on the forum.

Pulling a new SW report is too expensive to do all the time during the major rebuilding phases.  You will never know what happened if things get removed or balances go down, etc. as SW only alerts to things being ADDED or balances going UP.

Good Luck.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Question

I GWed JCPenney and they entered a customer dispute on my credit report.  There is an increase of myscore because the disputed account isn't factored in until the dispute is resolved.  I'm expecting a score dip once the "dispute" is resolved.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.