cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Request to Delete Entire Tradeline or Negatives? (Chase Auto)

tag
WaterOverFire
Established Member

GW Request to Delete Entire Tradeline or Negatives? (Chase Auto)

Hi All, 

I had an auto loan with Chase Auto from 10/2010 - 12/2013 when it was paid off. During the duration of the loan, I had 3 job changes (laid off from two and the last job has remained to this day).

Because of the tumultuous time, I had incurred several 30 day lates and a 60 day late during the course of the loan.  Earlier this year, I mailed out a GW letter to delete the lates and they responded that they're unable to do it since it's reporting correctly. 

My next possible move is to ask them to delete the entire tradeline from all 3 bureaus. Their reason to not delete the lates was because they're reporting correctly so I figure then why not ask them to just delete the entire tradeline? Then they're not asked to report anything false.

I know this may hurt  my overall credit since it deletes a long standing installment loan but I have since opened 2 other installment loans with good standing (0 lates since). I also have several installment loans before that loan that were paid off but those are 10+ year ago. 

So do I attempt to have them delete the tradeline? ...and if so, does anybody have a letter for deleting an entire tradeline? 

..or do I try to have them delete the lates from that acount again? There are quite a bit so I'm thinking I have a better chance of having them delete the entire tradeline.

Any input appreciated. I've worked hard to clean everything up and this is the only wart remaining.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: GW Request to Delete Entire Tradeline or Negatives? (Chase Auto)

It never hurts to ask, and you can phrase your letter to ask if they would remove the latss, and then if they don't feel they can do that, to simply delete the trade line.  There is no requirement that they report the tradeline, so they can delete it without violating their own policy.

That said, I would give you about a 1% chance of getting it done.  The giants like Chase just do not honor these requests.  I suppose if they do it, and then it gets reported back here, they get bombarded with requests that cost them time and money to process.

I would send out one letter a month, slightly changing it and finding different people in the company to address it to.  

After 24 months, the damage from those lates is minimal, so if they won't do it, your scores can still improve.

Message 2 of 3
WaterOverFire
Established Member

Re: GW Request to Delete Entire Tradeline or Negatives? (Chase Auto)

1%???!!!!! 

.......so you're saying there's a chance. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.