cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Response Help! Credit union did not find derog info..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Response Help! Credit union did not find derog info..

Sent a GW to my credit union for two late payments appearing on my credit profile for my paid off car loan. Their response was:

"We have received your request to delete any derogatory rating to your credit report. Unfortunately, we are unable to comply with your request as we are required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to report accurately. However, after researching your information, we did not find any derogatory reports to your credit. According to Equifax, we are not reporting any late pays to the agency. If you have documentation substantiating any late fees, please forward those to us. 

Should you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us. We look forward to serving you in the future."

What should I do? Dispute with the agency? Send a copy of my credit report to my CU? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Response Help! Credit union did not find derog info..

I should also add that these lates are showing on my credit profile on the report I get from USAA's Experian Credit Monitoring. On my Equifax reportI get from FICO, it does not show my account history past Aug 2007. USAA Creditcheck shows activity up until Mar 2010. My late payments (that I don't have recollection of) appear on Aug 2008 to Jan 2009. Account is all good on TU the entire duration of the loan. Strange?

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: GW Response Help! Credit union did not find derog info..

This is what I suggest.

Dont dispute with the CRA.

Dispute directly wih your credit union as follows:

"This a direct dispute with you, under the provisisons of FCRA 623(a)(8)(A), for reporting of inaccurate information to my credit file, as detailed below.

My dispute is reporting of prior delinquencies on my account with you to the credit reporting agencies, that you have denied having been reported.

I request deletion of the disputed derogatory reporting you have made to the credit reporting agencies.

"I request that you consider this notice of direct dispute, and respond to me, in writing, within 30-days of the date of this dispute, as mandated under FCRA 623(a)(8)(E).

"Following are the contents of what is requried to be provided to support this Notice Direct Dispute:

1.  My name and account identtification number:

(insert name and account number)

2. Identification of the specific information being disputed:

(odentify the 30-day, or any other lates, reported to your CR)

3. Documentation to support reporting of these purported delinquencies to my credit file:

(attach the relevant portions of your most recent CR that documents their reporting)

"Having provided the required documentation to support my direct dispute your obligation is to:

1. review all information provided by the consumer with the dispute notice;
  2. conduct a reasonable investigation with respect to the disputed information;
  3. complete the investigation and report the results back to the consumer
         within the same period as required for disputes under FCRA 611(a), which
         is 30-days from the date of the notice of dispute; and
  4. if the information is found to be inaccurate, promptly notify each
         CRA to which the furnisher provided inaccurate information of that
          determination, and provide to the CRA any correction of that information
          required to make it accurate."
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.