Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Response from Security BankCard

tag
johnwantsahouse
Contributor

GW Response from Security BankCard

This is the response I got from Security BankCard after asking them to remove or change a few late payment marks.  It went to collections, but I paid it off.  It was opened in 2005 and went delequent in 2006 and paid off in 2008.

Should I try again asking them to delete?

"The Federal Government regulates what we have to report, and we are not allowed to falsify payment history or account status on our accounts.  There would be severe financial penalties and consequences on our part if we were to falsify your account history. Therefore, we will not be able to complete your request to change your account history on this account."

Current Score:EQ-660 (FICO) / TU-677 (FICO) (3/10/14)
6/8/12 Score:EQ-640 / TU-650 / EX-656 (All FICO Lender Pulls 6/8/12)
6/5/12 Score:EQ-640 / TU-638 / EX-656 (All FICO Lender Pulls 6/5/12)
6/1/12 Score:EQ-640 (FICO) / TU-618 (FICO) /EX-670 (FAKO)
Starting Score:EQ-542 TU-574 (4/30/2012)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GW Response from Security BankCard

@johnc8047 wrote:

This is the response I got from Security BankCard after asking them to remove or change a few late payment marks.  It went to collections, but I paid it off.  It was opened in 2005 and went delequent in 2006 and paid off in 2008.

Should I try again asking them to delete?

"The Federal Government regulates what we have to report, and we are not allowed to falsify payment history or account status on our accounts.  There would be severe financial penalties and consequences on our part if we were to falsify your account history. Therefore, we will not be able to complete your request to change your account history on this account."

I'd send another GW (or two or three or more).

That's a standard response by many creditors. You aren't asking them to delete or alter your payment history within their computers. That would void out late fees, added interest, etc. Their statement is misleading. You are asking them to update their reporting only. In any case, the lates should be dropping now and the entire TL should disappear sometime next year I bet.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.