Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Response from different CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Response from different CA?

Hey everybody, just hoping to get a thought on this.  I know, sorry, it's about the utility company again.

After sending two GWs, one to PGE's corporate headquarters, and one to the Stockton address listed on my CR, I actually got a response back!  The letter reads,

"This letter serves as confirmation that the above refereced account has been removed from all national credit bureaus."

The thing is, the letter was sent from a CA called Diversified Adjustment Service.  I always thought that PGE had their own collection dept. because I've never seen this CA on my reports associated with the PGE CO.  In the creditor contact portion of my CR, the only one listed is PGE- the OC, with their address.  Shouldn't the GW response come from the people that actually put the CO on my CR?  So I don't know whether to celebrate or startover!  Probably just wait a few days and then check CR?  I really hope this CO comes off it's my last baddie.

I guess my question then is, does anyone think that this CO will be deleted even though successful GW response did not come from the actual OC(the one's who reported it)????

Thanks in advance, hope everyone has a fun weekend!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Response from different CA?

Maybe just a silly question?

Message 2 of 4
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

My guess is it will be removed. Large companies sometimes use a number of different CAs. Keep an eye on your credit reports and if it hasn't come off within 30 days, contact PGE again with a copy of the letter you received.

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Matrix, I really hope it gets deleted.  Hopefully scorewatch will let me know.  PG&E I bet is one of the hardest nuts to crack.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.